Berliet, french trucks
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Semis, artics, pickups, vans, road trains - whatever they are and whatever you call them, if they're used to transport stuff, here's where to talk about them.

TOPIC: Berliet, french trucks

Re: Berliet, french trucks 8 years ago #76

Senior Boarder
Take a look at this link.

http://miniaturasenmetal.jimdo.com/camiones-y-b%C3%B3lidos/

That's the best I've found.

You can see the large range of model they've built.

There is also the Guisval's website.

http://www.guisval.com/index.html

There are some interesting things.

I think that they do not produce top quality models. Most of them are directly inspired from other famous brand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Berliet, french trucks 8 years ago #77

Platinum Boarder
Looks like Guisval is alive and kicking note the Bloks similar to Lego.

Re: Berliet, french trucks 7 years, 11 months ago #78

Senior Boarder
Here is the new Berliet T 100 from Norev.#690034. 1/43.

The real one is still in Hassi Messaoud, Algeria.

Berliet T 100 #1. 1/43. long 34 cm.

Built in 1962.

Last Edit: 7 years, 11 months ago by Joschik.

Re: Berliet, french trucks 7 years, 11 months ago #79

Platinum Boarder
That is one big truck.

Re: Berliet, french trucks 7 years, 11 months ago #80

Jim, just wait until you get to Sparwood and see the Terex up close and personal like. It'll give you a whole new perspective on things.

Re: Berliet, french trucks 7 years, 11 months ago #81

Platinum Boarder
I have been to Sparwood and see that truck. Not the largest on the planet now but it was back then. In the 90's sometime if I remember right. It is one big truck, beside the highway when you enter town.

Re: Berliet, french trucks 7 years, 1 month ago #82

Junior Boarder

this is a Dinky model

Help! I'm looking for informations about the real Berliet Stradair

Re: Berliet, french trucks 7 years, 1 month ago #83

Junior Boarder

this is my JRD favourite model

Now: what kind of Berliet truck the JRD is?

Re: Berliet, french trucks 7 years, 1 month ago #84

Junior Boarder

Dinky F888

Berliet GBO?

Re: Berliet, french trucks 7 years ago #85

Platinum Boarder
Teebodk wrote:
I've only ever owned one Guisval model, a 1/43 Mitsubishi Montero/Pajero rally car. Unfortunately it was absolutely horrible! I bought it sealed in a blister pack (from eBay) so brand new - or at least unused/untouched. The white paint was extremely uneven, some parts on the lower half of the body wasn't covered at all, the paint had run. There was excess 'flash' on both metal and plastic parts. The all-important decals (this was a Dakar-rally var, remember) were crude (letters smeared and inlegible) and the decals themselves were cracking up badly.

I tried to sell it on, but every photo was a disaster, no matter what angle I used, so nobody was interested. In the end I practically gave it away for free.

Why am I saying this? What's the point? My point is, that judging by the truck photos in this thread and some other vintage Guisval-models I've seen on eBay, this used to be a proud company, a maker of quality toys, but at some point things must have gone drastically downhill for them. To be fair, this happened to other companies as well (some more than others), but nevertheless it saddens me to see such a decline.

Because I've only ever seen this one model in real life, I may be jumping to conclusions - my car could have been a one-off fluke disaster, but...? It's also possible that standards have improved since then, the year of issue is unknown, but the model represented a real car from the 2004 Granada-Dakar rally, so it was pretty recent.

It would be quite interesting if somebody had one or more good quality recent Guisval models to help prove me wrong, but I know this would probably not be the right tread for that.

You are right. The quality has gone down since the seventies. Only recently did they get better to be hit by the European crisis. I have not heard of a new cast by them for a while, since the Seat Ibiza.

Re: Berliet, french trucks 7 years ago #86

Platinum Boarder
Stefho74 wrote:
Take a look at this link.

http://miniaturasenmetal.jimdo.com/camiones-y-b%C3%B3lidos/

That's the best I've found.

You can see the large range of model they've built.

There is also the Guisval's website.

http://www.guisval.com/index.html

There are some interesting things.

I think that they do not produce top quality models. Most of them are directly inspired from other famous brand.

That is true only for the first couple of years. In a sence you could say that of all (almost) diecast manufacturers though. No other manufacturer made so many Seat cars - no wonder, one could say, they are Spanish, but this clearly debunks your copy theory.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Berliet, french trucks 7 years ago #87

Platinum Boarder
Some Dinky no. 584 Camion Bache Berliet GAK pictures then:

Last Edit: 7 years ago by janwerner.

Re: Berliet, french trucks 7 years ago #88

Never seen a Dutch Berliet in real life.

Did Dinky make it in red too, as on the box?

Re: Berliet, french trucks 7 years ago #89

Platinum Boarder
I like the link to those Guisval Scammells wow what a collection of them.

Re: Berliet, french trucks 7 years ago #90

Platinum Boarder
A good question Theo. I got this one about 1963, a Sint-Nicolaas present. I hadn't seen the model itself and had chosen it from the catalogue, indeed fascinated by the nice colour scheme as shown in the catalogue and on the box. I was rather disappointed to find that yellow one in the box.
In fact, the red/grey one has never been made ... until Atlas discovered that there must have been many disappointed lads and produced it in the correct (well, as shown in the catalogues and on the box) colour scheme.
I must confess that I have been doubting what to do. But I still haven't bought any Atlas model, not even this one. They just do not 'feel' good to me, a kind of kitsch, something that pretends to be what it isn't. But that is personal of course.
Kind regards, Jan
Last Edit: 7 years ago by janwerner.