TNL fleet @ 50th - the beginning
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Semis, artics, pickups, vans, road trains - whatever they are and whatever you call them, if they're used to transport stuff, here's where to talk about them.
  • Page:

TOPIC: TNL fleet @ 50th - the beginning

TNL fleet @ 50th - the beginning 9 years ago #1

Fresh Boarder
I've had this idea rolling around in my noggin for the past 30+ years and it's finally got to the point of 'now or never', so here we go

The Project:

Build one of each of the iconic vehicles operated by Transport Nelson Limited (NZ) during the period 1950's till the early 1980's. To achieve this goal I've decided 1/50th Corgi trucks will be the best base donors. These will not be simple strip and repaints but basically complete rebuilds correcting all the inaccuracies of the base models. So first up, here's an eclectic view of some of the various vehicles operated by TNL:

Edit - Hmmm, it appears the photo Upload systems aren't working (even though I'm using Photobucket). Will try again soon.
Last Edit: 9 years ago by turtle65.

Re: TNL fleet @ 50th - the beginning 9 years ago #2

Or use tinypic, that works fine

Re: TNL fleet @ 50th - the beginning 9 years ago #3

Platinum Boarder
turtle65 wrote:
I've had this idea rolling around in my noggin for the past 30+ years and it's finally got to the point of 'now or never', so here we go

The Project:

Build one of each of the iconic vehicles operated by Transport Nelson Limited (NZ) during the period 1950's till the early 1980's. To achieve this goal I've decided 1/50th Corgi trucks will be the best base donors. These will not be simple strip and repaints but basically complete rebuilds correcting all the inaccuracies of the base models. So first up, here's an eclectic view of some of the various vehicles operated by TNL:
 turtle65 wrote:

Edit - Hmmm, it appears the photo Upload systems aren't working (even though I'm using Photobucket). Will try again soon.

You have to pick the URL link under the pictures in Photo Bucket to post them here. Look below.

Last Edit: 9 years ago by Nobleco.

Re: TNL fleet @ 50th - the beginning 9 years ago #4

Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the tips, however nothing continues to show no matter which link system I use, not really an inspiring system, definitely something that could potentially turn folks away from the forum. As I already run two separate photo file sharing system I have no intents on adding Tinypic particularly as that is run by Photo Bucket.

Re: TNL fleet @ 50th - the beginning 9 years ago #5

Platinum Boarder
In your title you use the @ symbol. If you use this or any other special character in you file names, they will not load here. No @, #, $, ?, " :. ;, no special characters at all.
Also, best to keep the pictures 1024 x 768 or smaller. I usually try to keep mine about 1000 pixs wide. Try that
The following user(s) said Thank You: turtle65

Re: TNL fleet @ 50th - the beginning 9 years ago #6

Fresh Boarder
Thanks,

No matter what format I try to add an image - still nothing.

As a member of a dozen + forums, this is the first instance where there are issues with the 'site keyboard' and photo uploading. And yes a lot of the different forums I'm on use different uploading systems, so as a rule all my photos are at the standard 640x480 size.

Photobucket will not allow anything other than alpha and numeric characters in the uploading file title so that is not the 'problem'.

Guess I'll just wait on the side-lines and see if any developments occur re-photo uploading. Otherwise I might as well just wander off and forget this site. A shame, but if the site managers aren't willing to rectify faults it definitely makes the site just a frustration for the user.

Even while tapping this out the Message block continually freezes.

Thanks 

Re: TNL fleet @ 50th - the beginning 9 years ago #7

The site managers are very aware of the uploading issue and working on it

Re: TNL fleet @ 50th - the beginning 9 years ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Sounds like Turtle has an issue with his own computer if the text block is freezing up. It does that to me sometimes too but it is usual due to something running in the back ground, like my virus checker or the Browser doing something with another open program.
As to Photo Bucket not working, It works just fine for me.

Re: TNL fleet @ 50th - the beginning 9 years ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Lets see what we can do for "Turtle".

"Turtle", do you have pictures sitting in a Library on 'Photobucket', that you yourself uploaded.

Rollerman.

Re: TNL fleet @ 50th - the beginning 9 years ago #10

Platinum Boarder
They are Free. Photo Bucket gives you Gigs of room.
  • Page: