A place to talk about all the great models from GreenLight Collectibles. This is also the forum for the Greenlight Collectibles Group.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Series 5 Motor World

Series 5 Motor World 9 years ago #1

Platinum Boarder
I was on a trip to the coast with my wife to visit family. My sister lives in Abbotsford, BC and there are a few great hobby stores there. While browsing I found these two great cars to add to my meager collection of Greenlights. Series 5 Motor World and there are 12 vehicles in total in the series. 5  from the USA, 5 from Germany but only one from Italy and one from Great Britain. I picked up the Mini Cooper Clubman and the Lamborghini Gallardo from this series for $3.99 each, plus taxes.

I guess the part that I don't understand is why Greenlights did not include 4 more models from GB and Italy in this series. There are lots of great cars from both countries that could have gone into this set.

Re: Series 5 Motor World 9 years ago #2

Platinum Boarder
The limited number of british and italian models may have something to do with the fact that GL are only just starting to appear on the european markets, so they could be 'testing'. Why 5 from Germany then? Well most of the european GL sellers I've come across are from Germany, so the germans may be ahead of the rest of Europe? Just guessing, really.

Re: Series 5 Motor World 9 years ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Greenlight is based in my hometown - maybe 15 km away from my house.  Because they are US-based, they probably release cars that are seen in the US.  Minis are common, Lambos are not!  But they are well known here.  Just saw ONE this week!!!

Re: Series 5 Motor World 9 years ago #4

Platinum Boarder
My wife, Tracy, and I were in Vancouver last week and among others we saw a few Lambo's, Ferrari's, Aston Martins and lots of Jags and Porche's. Vancouver has many many of these high end cars cruising the streets and highways. Did you hear about the 13 cars, worth over 2 million that were confiscated for speeding up to 200kmph on the local highway in Vancouver about 3 weeks or so ago? All oriental kids, 20 and under who's parents had bought the cars for them. They were going to see a friend off at the airport so thought they would have a race there. LOL, they got caught. That is okay though as the parents will just buy the more cars and big lawyers. They are all multimillionaires from China and have more money than brains, if you ask me.

www.theprovince.com/cars/Young+drivers+l...y/5339882/story.html

Check out the link, Nice Lambo. Other cars are impounded and For seven days the cars — which include three Lamborghini Gallardos,
three Nissan R Series cars and two Maserati Turismos and have a combined
value of more than $2 million — will sit in impound lots.

Read more: www.theprovince.com/cars/Young+drivers+l...y.html#ixzz1YFk7tN00
Last Edit: 9 years ago by Nobleco.

Re: Series 5 Motor World 9 years ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Shame they couldn't keep them. They'd make some dandy interceptors or the Canadian version of D.A.R.E. cars.
  • Page: