A place to talk about all the great models from GreenLight Collectibles. This is also the forum for the Greenlight Collectibles Group.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Greenlight 1/64th

Greenlight 1/64th 9 months, 2 weeks ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>I am not a Mopar fan but I had to buy this.</p>

Re: Greenlight 1/64th 9 months, 2 weeks ago #2

Platinum Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Greenlight 1/64th 9 months, 2 weeks ago #3

Platinum Boarder
That is a nice car and a classic too. I would have to buy this as well so I agree with you. Sure was a monster on the track with the extended nose and the spoiler on the back deck.

Re: Greenlight 1/64th 9 months, 2 weeks ago #4

never seen that before. Did it win races?

Re: Greenlight 1/64th 9 months, 2 weeks ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>Yes but was more for show. She could do 180 mph and had a 375 Hp 440 cu in V-8 motor. Only 503 were built.
Last Edit: 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Nobleco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Greenlight 1/64th 9 months, 2 weeks ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Don't know much about 'Perry raceway' but I do know Mopar is performance tuning division for Dodge Products and I do have a love of the Daytona and muscle cars in general actually.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Greenlight 1/64th 9 months, 2 weeks ago #7

Platinum Boarder
I gather this was a Pace Car from the Daytona Speedway.

img hosting

Re: Greenlight 1/64th 9 months, 2 weeks ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Yes, back in 1968 or 1969 when the Charger was new. Did you know that they were only about $3200 to $3500 new back then. I friend in High School and I both looked at this but in the plain version with out the nose and spoiler and also the Challenger that came out at the same time. It had a six cylinder motor and standard 3 speed on the column shift. The Charger had a V-8 with floor consul or column shift automatic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DioMakr, 143Madness

Re: Greenlight 1/64th 9 months, 2 weeks ago #9

Platinum Boarder
More poke in the Charger then I take it.

pedal to the metal and all that must able to lift off in one of those things , especially the super bird... and interesting to know those prices must be lower suspect than by the time the car had finished full volume production.

Re: Greenlight 1/64th 9 months, 2 weeks ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Back in 1969 and 1970 when these were produced the charger had great horse power and was under $3800 here in Canada. The challenger was a smaller engine therefore less powerful but still was a pretty fast car for a straight six cylinder motor. It also came in a four cylinder standard transmission model too. That was under $3300 if I remember right. A Triumph Bonneville bike was about $1600 and in 1972 I bought a 650 Yamaha (the Bonneville was almost $200 then) for about $1500. Prices were high then just like now. I only earned about $1.50 per hour so took a lot of hours to get one. Even a used 1965 Mustang was about $1500 then. A road Runner, different Dodge car, was about $3000 used but hopped up. I looked at all to buy and bought the Yamaha. Suited my needs and budget better.

Re: Greenlight 1/64th 9 months, 2 weeks ago #11

Senior Boarder
<p>this one is a winner! i've got one just waiting to make it's debut on the workbench...</p>
  • Page: