A place to talk about all the great models from GreenLight Collectibles. This is also the forum for the Greenlight Collectibles Group.
  • Page:

TOPIC: My GreenLight Favorites

My GreenLight Favorites 9 years, 6 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Some have asked for pics, and pics they will get.

Hot Pursuit

Florida Highway Patrol is my favorite, well, until they make Georgia anyway.

Some non-Hot Pursuit GLs

My favorite non-Hot Pursuit GL:

Re: My GreenLight Favorites 9 years, 6 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Why are the Hot Pursuit your favorites? Level of detail or is it the choice of cars? The reason I'm asking is, that I've become really curious about GL after learning about them here, and as they're quite affordable I'm seriously considering adiing one to my shopping basket next time I do some major shopping - just to see for myself what it's all about. So I'd like to get one with lots of detail and authenticity. If they're all equally detailed, I'd probably prefer one of the 'old style' models from the 50s or 60s.

Re: My GreenLight Favorites 9 years, 6 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Well, I'm a bit biased since I'm a criminal justice major and want to work in law enforcement. Most die-cast brands don't make good, realistic police cruisers. The majority of GreenLight's product lines have metal bases, with the exceptions that I know of being "Motor World" and "Black Bandits" (at least they look plastic). They also have a superb level of detail. They are also highly limited, especially for retail releases. Hot Pursuit series 1 only had 4512 made, series 2 was 4500, series 3 was 6500, series 4 was 7500, series 5 was 8000, and series 6 was 7000 units. All of the production numbers are per car, not the whole series. Green Machines, the emerald green cars on the right, make up 2% of the total production run. So, for instance, series 4, which is my favorite so far, is made up of 7350 standard cars and 150 Green Machines. I have around 75 GreenLights and 900 Hot Wheels. I prefer GreenLight hands down. The only problem that I have seen with GreenLight is that they don't roll nearly as well as other brands do.  Or, the ones I've opened have been the minority. I have only opened 6.

www.greenlighttoys.com/
www.glcollector.com/
Last Edit: 9 years, 6 months ago by StarbaseBravo.

Re: My GreenLight Favorites 9 years, 6 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
I wish they would come to Canada as I think they would do very well against Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars.I have two here that Rob sent me so I could do a write up on them in the new products section. The VW 30 is a great little car and I really like the Mini Cooper S he also sent. They both have plastic bases and are the Motor World series cars. They seem to roll pretty good compared to the Mini Station Wagon (Club Car?) by Matchbox I have tested them against.I do like the details and would like to get more. Shipping is a pain though so it would be nice to see them at Wally World here in Canada.

Re: My GreenLight Favorites 9 years, 6 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
The Targets around me started to carry Hot Pursuit about a year and a half ago. Or actually, from what I understand, they started carrying them again, but I don't remember ever seeing GreenLight at Target before then. Toys R Us is the only other store that carries them, but that's about a 30 mile round trip, and even that's too far for me. I go there maybe 2-3 times a year. All the trucks and the vast majority of my non-Hot Pursuit items have come from eBay. In fact, the Corvette is the only Green Machine I found in the store, I bought the other six off eBay (I have 2 Florida GMs).

Re: My GreenLight Favorites 9 years, 6 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Well, my closest Wall Mart or Toys R Us is a 2 hour drive over the mountains and back again. I do go there about every other month and look and ask but nothing so far. The Hobby shop up there carrys some of the larger scale Green Lights, 1:32 or 1:24, not sure but they are too big for my collection and way expensive.

Re: My GreenLight Favorites 9 years, 6 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Wow, you win. I'm not into larger scale either, but if I found a piece that wasn't broken or something I actually liked, I would consider buying it. I just haven't found a reasonably priced, unbroken, and un-blinged vehicle that I would buy and enjoy.

Re: My GreenLight Favorites 9 years, 6 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Hehe, with me it's exactly the opposite: I only collect 1/43 and 1/50, but the 1/64 GL has made me curious, because it seems they have a detail level one would normally only expect on larger scale models.

Re: My GreenLight Favorites 9 years, 6 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
They do, it's pretty amazing.

Re: My GreenLight Favorites 9 years, 6 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
The Hot Pursuit cars even have location and agency specific license plates. Each of the Muscle Car series have a different state.

Some examples:

series 4- Georgia

series 5- Michigan

series 7- North Carolina

Some are hard to read, but it's pretty awesome for such a small scale.

Re: My GreenLight Favorites 9 years, 6 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Well, I just opened my series 6 FHP Crown Vic and it rolls exceptionally well. I was pleasantly surprised since I purchased it specifically to open. I am most impressed.

Teebodk, you might also consider M2, by Castline. They have a similar detail level and price point in relation to GreenLight. They also feature opening doors in addition to the opening hood that GL also has. I have found some fantastic M2 pieces, but I prefer GL simply because their vehicle selection is more inline with what I like.

Re: My GreenLight Favorites 9 years, 6 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
I'm not familiar with M2/Castline, so I'll go have a look a little later. But one other thing I really like about GL is how they carefully select each model - it sounds like they do a lot of research on history, not just for the Route 66 series, but for every single model they make. That's dedication... and that's something I like!

Re: My GreenLight Favorites 8 years, 8 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder

Re: My GreenLight Favorites 8 years, 1 month ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Graduation gift to myself. Number 21 of 110 produced.

• Page: