This forum is for all models made in the Eastery Bloc countries like Donetsk Toy Factory, Siharuli and Radon and models of cars from the region by any maker! All scales are welcome!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Espewe

Espewe 6 years, 4 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Espewe was an Eastern German toy manufacturer and as Eastern Germany was in the Eastern Bloc, I thought it made a great addition.

Re: Espewe 6 years, 4 months ago #2

Again a maker I've never seen or heard of.. but that's what the forum is for..introducing us to makes from diverse countries....a rare lot of items and nicely done....Thanks for sharing...

Niall

Re: Espewe 6 years, 4 months ago #3

JC, are these all plastic?

Re: Espewe 6 years, 4 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Good question. In fact only the Daimler (the green car) is plastic. The two others (Dixi 1927 and Simson Supra 1926) are metal. Quite rare. To make it stranger: I have the boxes with them and the blue car, the Simson Supra, was a special edition!
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Espewe 6 years, 4 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Hello Guys, the 'ESPEWE' models are mixture of metal and plastic, but you can get all plastic re-issues from a company called 'ESTETYKA' who I believe took over the tooling from Espewe in the late 1970's.

The blue-ish green model on the left is 'ESPEWE' in metal (main body), and plastic (wings and baseplate), the red model on the right is 'ESTETYKA' and all plastic. Both are the same model Rolls-Royce, based on Lenin's 'Summer' car.

TheRollerman.

Re: Espewe 6 years, 2 months ago #6

Senior Boarder
The comment above is not exhaustive. The Espewe made more plastic cars and also more diecast cars. But the main production line were HO (1/87) scale vehicles of all kind incl. trucks, buses, cars, agricultural, military machines etc. A few of them were also diecast. The types were Eastern Block mostly (but not only). Originally, it was made as an accessories to HO trains, very popular in Germany. The Espewe means Specias Präge Werke or Special Molding Works. Some molds still exist and are used by other companies in Germany.

Greetings from former Eastern Czechoslovakia,

Jan Mostek, Prague
Last Edit: 6 years, 2 months ago by Jan Mostek.

Re: Espewe 6 years, 2 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
You are right, but this is the section "diecast vehicles", hence I left the non-metal ones, which were the bulk of the production, out.
  • Page:
Moderators: bickerstonehall