This forum is for all models made in the Eastery Bloc countries like Donetsk Toy Factory, Siharuli and Radon and models of cars from the region by any maker! All scales are welcome!
  • Page:

TOPIC: VAZ/Lada by Minsk

VAZ/Lada by Minsk 10 years, 1 month ago #1

Platinum Boarder

About 1:64th scale. Front is missing, though I got a mold to reproduce one.

Re: VAZ/Lada by Minsk 6 years, 2 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
I never did restore that car, but recently received a better looking one in the collection:

As you possibly can see, it has a license plate with "2101 VAZ" which is what the model represents, a VAZ 2101.

Re: VAZ/Lada by Minsk 6 years, 2 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
The die cast version look as though they are put together like the 1/1 versions not very well...

Re: VAZ/Lada by Minsk 6 years, 2 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
For it's time it was quite reasonable with nice details that other brands did not feature. In that sense I have to disagree. Early Lada's were not too bad, actually. Only in the eighties did quality start to suffer.

Re: VAZ/Lada by Minsk 6 years, 2 months ago #5

I have got some Russian Diecast ones here, that I am selling for someone. I can't read all the testys on the bases, so here are a few.

Each photo represents a lot, so if you are interested JC let me know

Re: VAZ/Lada by Minsk 6 years, 2 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
The scale of the Minsk Lada is about 1:64 (I think it says something to that effect) and the ones you posted are 1:43.

I don't know the orange car in the first picture, the other two depict two different types of Moskvitch (the blue one being a Russian made Opel Kadett, after the tooling was moved after the war to Russia).

It seems the second picture has a Lada (left) Volga (middle) and Moskvitch.

We then get a ZiL

The picture after that shows Moskvitch models also known as Aleko in export markets.

An Estonian (I believe) RAF (Riga Automobile Factory) van.

The Jeep-like vehicle is a UAZ

We end with a picture of a Volga and Chaika (both made in 1:1 by GAZ).

Nice collection, but too big to fit in my collection. I do 1:64ish cars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL
  • Page:
Moderators: bickerstonehall