This forum is for all models made in the Eastery Bloc countries like Donetsk Toy Factory, Siharuli and Radon and models of cars from the region by any maker! All scales are welcome!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Kamaz Trucks - Made in USSR

Kamaz Trucks - Made in USSR 10 years, 1 month ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Got seven of these but have one flatdeck (5320) double. Bought the two lorries (5410), two tankers (53212), the long flatdeck (53212) and short flatdeck (5320) in the early nineties at a fleamarket in Holland. The other short flatdeck bought a couple of years ago on eBay from ironically a Dutch store.

I guess Holland is a good market for Eastern Block model cars. One of the most profound part of the engineering I like of these trucks is that its all clipped together. No screws or rivets were used. Some bits are ingenious, others super basic. It may be a simple toy truck, but its a very collectible piece IMHO.

The box cover is made of thick white plastic in a very basic form, with a simple printed label glued on one side badly.

The base which supposedly clicks in badly has raised supports for the  chassis of the truck. A couple of small holes are to anchor the truck in  place. Another cheaply printed label insert lays on top of the stand.  It is loose, and already lost one. It can be either green or black.

Under the base-stand two more pieces are printed, one with the dimensions of the trucks.

The other with the glorious history of the USSR or something like that. (if someone would be kind enough to translate it properly)

Some of the trucks have the scale and the country of origin displayed on the base. Some have not.

Moving to my red and blue lorries, the Kamaz 5410. I\'d love to have some trailers for these. And I know they exist, just a tad expensive, but are on my wishlist.

The Kamaz 5320 is only slightly longer than the 5410. Why do I have it double? I forgot I had swapped a cabin.

The Kamaz 53212 Flatdeck shares the same long wheelbase as the Tankers.

Also note that there are two types of cabins available.

Last Edit: 10 years, 1 month ago by RVREVO.

Re:Kamaz Trucks - Made in USSR 10 years, 1 month ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Actually they look really good. Might get some one day.

Re:Kamaz Trucks - Made in USSR 10 years, 1 month ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Hard to get cheap nowadays, James. Big space of time from when I got the 7th one.

Re:Kamaz Trucks - Made in USSR 10 years, 1 month ago #4

Richard, can you get a shot of the different interiors? I\'m wondering if the bigger cab is an integral sleeper.
Last Edit: 10 years, 1 month ago by oldtruck56.

Re:Kamaz Trucks - Made in USSR 10 years, 1 month ago #5

Platinum Boarder
it does have extra space there

Re:Kamaz Trucks - Made in USSR 10 years, 1 month ago #6

Platinum Boarder

Re: Kamaz Trucks - Made in USSR 8 years, 2 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder

Re: Kamaz Trucks - Made in USSR 8 years, 2 months ago #8

The only Kamaz I have got, very Basic but nice

Re: Kamaz Trucks - Made in USSR 8 years, 2 months ago #9

Fresh Boarder
Early issues have rubber tyres, some of the latest issues are friction powered, same body and revised chassis. Take the KamAz 4310 series, the revised casting has a spotlight on cab roof line, these later issues are made in China. Easy to spot the Chinese boxes, they tend to be of a glossy cardboard finish.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RVREVO, RoutemasterNL

Re: Kamaz Trucks - Made in USSR 8 years, 2 months ago #10

Thanks for the extra info, I didn't know that
  • Page:
Moderators: bickerstonehall