This forum is for all models made in the Eastery Bloc countries like Donetsk Toy Factory, Siharuli and Radon and models of cars from the region by any maker! All scales are welcome!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Volga

Volga 10 years, 2 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Had a friend who visited Russia on a conducted tour and bought this back. Apparently the full scale cars were built as well as the model.
SAM_0125.JPG

Re:Volga 10 years, 2 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
and here\'s the Russian copcar of the GAZ Volga

AgatRussia_GAZ4201Volga_1.JPG

Re:Volga 10 years, 2 months ago #3

The Volga. Very much so the newer Volga, are great cars. Solid as tanks and make up most of the Taxis here in the city of Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine, where I loving and working. I have a number of Volga model cars. Will find some pics and post later.

Re:Volga 10 years, 2 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
I\'d be interested to see the station wagon version please?

Re:Volga 10 years, 1 month ago #5

Expert Boarder
Maybe you like this station wagon ?

Re:Volga 10 years, 1 month ago #6

Expert Boarder
Another Volga (newer version)

Re:Volga 10 years, 1 month ago #7

Platinum Boarder
wasn\'t that new one based on one of the Chinese saloons that were doing the rounds?

Re:Volga 10 years, 1 month ago #8

The new Volga, is more a cross between the old British Ford Granada and the last but one Volvo. Built like a tank but stylish.

Re:Volga 10 years, 1 month ago #9

Administrator
I like the colour of the station wagon. I think Yat Ming are now doing a 1/24 scale model of the earlier Volga.

Re:Volga 10 years, 1 month ago #10

Platinum Boarder
was wondering if a photo could be put up of the wagon with the hatch open and closed, preferably photo from the rear.

Re:Volga 10 years, 1 month ago #11

Platinum Boarder
They do have a certain charm about them. In my early teens my parents got me in to banger racing,the most popular car was the Lada,Fiat 131 Miafiori and any euorpean car from that era as they were built like an outhouse! Many a twin cam were smashed and weighed in at the scrap yard....worth £££ now.
Frame.

Re:Volga 10 years, 1 month ago #12

Platinum Boarder

Re:Volga 10 years, 1 month ago #13

Expert Boarder
Volga Station: I was amazed of the details i.e. rubber tires, all doors open, engine hood and luugage compartment  can be opened too. Also the detail og the engine and the quality of rubber tires still good even already more than 30 years old!

Re:Volga 5 years, 11 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
I don't exactly where to post this Volga.

Re:Volga 5 years, 11 months ago #15

That is a great casting, but what happend to the rear window Stephane?
  • Page:
Moderators: bickerstonehall