This forum is for all models made in the Eastery Bloc countries like Donetsk Toy Factory, Siharuli and Radon and models of cars from the region by any maker! All scales are welcome!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Russian Military Vehicles

Re:Russian Military Vehicles 10 years, 1 month ago #16

Expert Boarder
My soviet era military diecast.

I have some newer items I will post when they have been shipped to my new home.

Bruce

Re: Russian Military Vehicles 8 years, 5 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder

The limber on the left is the DINKY TOYS ref. 687. The one on the right was made by

which in English seems to meam "War Technologies" (do correct me if not).

The last picture from diecastduck shows a small gun which is probably the British 25 pounder. Was this also made by "War Technologies" at the scale of 1/59 like the Dinly Toys ref. 686 ? If so we are probably missing the artillery tractor to pull the gun and limber.

Picture by courtesy of M. C. Barres-Baker.

The artillery tractor should look like this.

I would welcome large pictures of the russian 25 pounder as well as any copies of Dinky Toys.
Last Edit: 8 years, 5 months ago by dinkycollect.

Re: Russian Military Vehicles 8 years, 5 months ago #18

Fresh Boarder
Send me your e-mail address to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

and I will send you pictures of the Russian 25pdr and the 17pdr on the 25pdr chassis.

According to my friend Chris Foss  editor of Jane's Armour and Artillery, the British army did issue some of the 17pdr barrels onto the 25 pdr chassis.

Re: Russian Military Vehicles 8 years, 5 months ago #19

Fresh Boarder
further to the Dinky Toys ammo limber No.687, in the last castings issued with plastic hubs they produced a new or revised mould, where the front ends of the limber are square and not shaped as previously.

Re: Russian Military Vehicles 8 years, 5 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder

DINKY TOYS limber ref. 687.

It is unlikely that the change of casting was made at the same time as the introduction of the plastic hub.

An other variation is the tin plate base plate with and without the reference number.

Any way the limber is uncomplete, it should carry the turntable as modified by Chris Clemons.
  • Page:
Moderators: bickerstonehall