This forum is for all models made in the Eastery Bloc countries like Donetsk Toy Factory, Siharuli and Radon and models of cars from the region by any maker! All scales are welcome!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Russian Military Vehicles

Russian Military Vehicles 10 years, 4 months ago #1

Here was a great set of Russian Military Vehicles which I tried to buy without luck.

A few pounds more than my pocket wanted to part with.

But a great little collection with original boxes.

1028184774_1_.jpg

Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 10 years, 4 months ago by bickerstonehall.

Re:Russian Military Vehicles 10 years, 4 months ago #2

Administrator
Interesting stuff - are these original castings or remakes using moulds bought from other companies?

Re:Russian Military Vehicles 10 years, 4 months ago #3

Hi Baskingshark.

I believe these to be original as they were produced in the Soviet Union and are of Soviet vehicles.

Picture attached and maybe someone will spot if they are a remake.

1028184774_6_1_.jpg

Re:Russian Military Vehicles 10 years, 4 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
nice collection.

who bought it in the end?

Re:Russian Military Vehicles 10 years, 4 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
you\'ll probably will appreciate my ZIL-131 military truck then... complete with box

Re:Russian Military Vehicles 10 years, 4 months ago #6

Hi RVREVO

Not sure who bought it as it was from a Private Seller who I did hope woould come back to me with a more reasonable price.

The price was perhaps loaded as even in my best Russian it is easy to see I am English speaking.

WIll find out the fate of this collection and report back.

you\'ll probably will appreciate my ZIL-131 military truck then... complete with box

Would be good to see pictures of the ZIL if you can

Re:Russian Military Vehicles 10 years, 4 months ago #7

Fresh Boarder
The items shown are in 1/87 scale, most other military models made are to the standard 1/43 scale. These were supposably made in the tank factories as a by line.
At one time in the early 1990\'s I had dozens of them.
Currently I am selling off my remaining Russian diecast on UK E-Bay, funnily they seem to be going back to Russia and Baltic states.
There are a few military items that I am not selling, I will endeavor to provide photos of them within next 2 weeks.

Re:Russian Military Vehicles 10 years, 4 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
people will always buy what they know.

Re:Russian Military Vehicles 10 years, 4 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Just found out my ZIL-131 is actually a URAL 4320 Truck.

That explains why its too big for this box, and why the picture on the back is different.

Anyhoo, my version is fairly rare and quite expensive.

Re:Russian Military Vehicles 10 years, 4 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Hello to Russia with love. I have some that I have collected over the last 2 to 3 years and all are from the UK. So I hope bickerstonehall doesn\'t mind if I post some pictures on here as well.

Edit: I forgot to include \"Russian Collector Series\"  Authentic Military Reproduction scale 1/43 not intended for use as a toy. Hmmm does that mean they were made for war games during the Cold War period.

SU 100 tank destroyer.

The 6TP-60n5 has the date Oct 17-975-84 which is considered the date of either production or registration similar to Patent maybe.

The self propelled tracked gun has  Oct 17-296-75 could indicate that this toy was produced around 1975.

The 6PAM3 (English) BRDM 2-Rkh Blinde-de reconnanissance NBC) on the left also had a date of 1984 gained from other information sources.

So far my research has some what been a little frustrating to say the least in searching the Web to find out more about these military vehicles and guns.  Although I had manage to find an article that indicates that some of the early versions were made in a Saint Petersburg tank factory as a sideline to military production in the early 1970\'s. or even early. Although most of the ones I have do have 1984 as indicated by Distribution.  Was this initiative an incentive to kill time for some of the workers or to supply their children with Christmas gifts it is not so clear. Then again Russia has been making die-cast and plastic toys for a long while must be taken into consideration as well. There was some toy companies in East German that continued to make lots of toys during the Cold War period. By the way that nearly lasted 50 years or more.

I think I need to find a Russian or someone who can read Russian for translation of what is written on the boxes.

Last Edit: 10 years, 4 months ago by GunnerJim. Reason: Added more information.

Re:Russian Military Vehicles 10 years, 4 months ago #11

Hi Gunner Jim

Great to see you posting and your pics.

I work in Ukraine for Russian English Language TV broadcast throughout Russia Ukraine and all Russian speaking countries.

If you need some translation I happy to help just send me a scan:-)

Re:Russian Military Vehicles 10 years, 4 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Russian military boxes and written information that needs to be translated.

Here is the first one Bickerstonehall.

Re:Russian Military Vehicles 10 years, 4 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Another box information that needs translation.

That is number two to be translated

Re:Russian Military Vehicles 10 years, 4 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Next is the eight wheel armoured personal vehical.

Lot three for your interpretation bickeerstonehall

Last Edit: 10 years, 4 months ago by GunnerJim. Reason: Added more information.

Re:Russian Military Vehicles 10 years, 4 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Now for the gun box.

I think that covers it for you bickerstonehall.

Last Edit: 10 years, 4 months ago by GunnerJim. Reason: Added another missing picture.
  • Page:
Moderators: bickerstonehall