Greetings from New York
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For all newcomers - welcome to the forums! Say hello and tell us a little about yourself and what you collect here!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Greetings from New York

Greetings from New York 10 years, 2 months ago #1

Expert Boarder
Hello all! I've been collecting for years - thought I knew diecast until I stated reading here - wow, what a wealth of information you all share here. I have a Corgi collection that started since the first one was purchased for me over 40 years ago. Along with that, I have hundreds of varieties. I look forward to chatting with all of you! Thanks!

Re: Greetings from New York 10 years, 2 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Hi "Charlie Brown" and welcome, we need more Corgi collectors on the site. Show us some photos of your favourite Corgis.

This is one of my favourite models  

Re: Greetings from New York 10 years, 2 months ago #3

Expert Boarder
Dinkydi - Thanks!  My love is Corgi's - have some Dinky's from my dad - lost him about 10 years ago - he was my hero. I try to buy Corgis at shows I attend - prices have been on the rise. Heres some pictures of my favorites. The last image of the Land Rover was the first Corgi ever purchased for me. I was probably 10 years old at the time - I played with that truck more than you can imagine. I'll be 53 this year. Of all I own - that one means the most to me. Enjoy!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dinkydi

Re: Greetings from New York 10 years, 2 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Hi there and a warm welcome.

Frame in 'sunny 'Cornwall.

Re: Greetings from New York 10 years, 2 months ago #5

That Landy has been played with, thanks for sharing

Re: Greetings from New York 10 years, 2 months ago #6

Welcome aboard from a very Spring like Ireland..

Always good to see new members and that Landrover is as you say the most valuable one in your collection..we all have one of those...and that's why we are all here to share information and our collections with each other...you have some nice items there....

Niall

Re: Greetings from New York 10 years, 2 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Welcome to the site.

Please post away some more pictures of your collection. I'm not a Corgi but do love looking at photos.

Re: Greetings from New York 10 years, 2 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Welcome here !

Nice Corgi you have ! I like them very much.

Re: Greetings from New York 10 years, 2 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Welcome from NOT so sunny Florida, I too have a vast corgi collection which are also my main interest

Re: Greetings from New York 10 years, 2 months ago #10

Expert Boarder
So I took some pictures of my un-boxed collection today - Enjoy!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dinkydi

Re: Greetings from New York 10 years, 2 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Welcome from BC Canada, again. Glad to have you aboard. Nice Corgi collection you have there. Beats me to you know where and back. I have a few though like the Bond Aston in Silver, an ambulace or two and a couple vans, Karriers. I like to do Mr Whippy Vans from Mr Softee and have done a couple others as restos.

Would love to see some of your photos of some of your choice rarer ones. Looks like you may have a few in there.

Re: Greetings from New York 10 years, 2 months ago #12

Senior Boarder
Greetings and welcome..

Re: Greetings from New York 10 years, 2 months ago #13

Senior Boarder
Hi There, what a nice collection you got there, very interested in the VW Split screen single cab and trailer, with the F1 cars, very nice setup.

Re: Greetings from New York 10 years, 2 months ago #14

Expert Boarder
Greetings! The VW is another that was a purchase from my childhood years - I probably got it as a birthday or Christmas present. I've had it since new - and played with it often, and it managed to stay in great condition - many years ago.. I'll post some additional photos later tonight.

Re: Greetings from New York 10 years, 2 months ago #15

Expert Boarder
Here she is - has a small hole in the front windshield, otherwise in nice shape for being played with so much. Still has the tow hook! I always loved the detail and look of the Formula 1 cars. I believe the set came with the yellow one - and the red was purchased? Or maybe the set came with both. Long time ago. Enjoy!

• Page: