New Member and Micro Models collector
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For all newcomers - welcome to the forums! Say hello and tell us a little about yourself and what you collect here!

TOPIC: New Member and Micro Models collector

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 8 years, 11 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Hello Tacktic, I knew the owner of the collection thats being auctioned in March but this will be the first time I have seen it as it was kept stored away!

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 8 years, 11 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Here is one of my Micros - can you tell where it is from?

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 8 years, 11 months ago #18

Fresh Boarder
Amarsden - What an amazing collection. Too bad it was never displayed. Good luck if you are going to the auction.

Karls - Thats a Torro Micro c '76. Dead giveaway with the plastic windows and bubble pack. I have the same one.

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 8 years, 11 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
The Micros International or should I say Torro seems to have slightly different hubs or is it just my imagination running amuck again. I cannot make out what is written on the tyres could you please let me know.
Last Edit: 8 years, 11 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 8 years, 11 months ago #20

Fresh Boarder
'Micro' is written on the tyre x 2. The hubs are the same I think as these Holdens show. Later issues may have been made with a different alloy, making them shinier or they are just newer - I don't know for sure. Having the larger tyre on these 'dished' hubs does make them look a little different.

Some earlier Micros also had 'domed' hubs like this Morris Fire Engine.

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 8 years, 11 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Right! The blisterpack says Torro International with an address in Christchurch, New Zealand!  Micro on both sides of the tires; otherwise, no name appears anywhere on the casting.  Hubs look the same as my other MICROs - just larger tires one this one.

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 8 years, 11 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Tactik:

Welome to Toy Collector from a Fellow British Columbian. I see you are fairly close to me here in Greenwood being in Kelowna. Only about a 2 hour drive. If your ever on Hwy 3 give me a ring. 445-2112, Maybe we can meet one day. I used to live in Westbank (now stupidly called West Kelowna)

I don't have or collect Micros but they sure seem to be a nice model. Looking forward to more pics of you toys. Do you collect other brands of just Micro Models.

Jim

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 8 years, 11 months ago #23

Fresh Boarder
Sounds Good Jim. Maybe in the Spring I'll blow the cobwebs of the old RX-7 and give it a run down to Greenwood. I'm at 764-5213 if you find yourself in Kelowna. 

The vast majority of my collection is Matchbox. I'm mainly interested in Matchbox  Pre 1970 including superfast transitionals and Micros. Eventually I'm going to sell off everything else...

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 8 years, 10 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
I attended the amazing auction this week, but there was nothing in my price range, especially the Micros - the most expensive one sold for over NZ$1500! the one I was interested in sold for over $200 There were some relative bargains in the Dinkys Corgis and the box lots but still too much for my budget. Overall a great collection and worth seeing.

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 8 years, 10 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
Welcome here !

And thank you to share many things that most of us didn't know !

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 8 years, 10 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
I attended the amazing auction this week, but there was nothing in my price range, especially the Micros - the most expensive one sold for over NZ$1500! the one I was interested in sold for over $200 There were some relative bargains in the Dinkys Corgis and the box lots but still too much for my budget. Overall a great collection and worth seeing.

I know the feeling you can only sort of look and look but don't touch syndrome

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 8 years, 10 months ago #27

Fresh Boarder
I am excited to see the auction results. This auction should be a good benchmark for Micro Models (and other diecast makes) pricing as there was some really choice items. I was able to get one model by absentee bid which I am pretty happy about, but costly ( not the $1500 one!) I will put ipictures up on my website when I get it....

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 8 years, 10 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
Could you post the pictures here too please.

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 3 weeks ago #29

Platinum Boarder
Just found this in my basement!

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 3 weeks ago #30

Platinum Boarder
Snap i have one the same!