New Member and Micro Models collector
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For all newcomers - welcome to the forums! Say hello and tell us a little about yourself and what you collect here!

TOPIC: New Member and Micro Models collector

New Member and Micro Models collector 12 years, 2 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
Hi, I'm a new member from BC Canada. Most of my collection is Lesney/Matchbox. I also collect Micro Models from Australia and New Zealand. Micros are quite hard to find these days, but I have managed to acquire some nice ones over the years like this Commer tanker and petrol pump. There are more pictures of my collection and information here for anybody interested in Micros.

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 12 years, 2 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Hi from Australia and welcome aboard the good ship Toy Collector.

Excellent link to the brief Goodwood Australia history and their Micro Models. Yes I had one or more of those especially the Commer Knocker. Unfortunately I haven't heard of the Micros era in New Zealand although I knew most of the Micro Model diecasting dies ended up over the trench into Kiwi Land.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tacktic

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 12 years, 2 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
A warm welcome from the UK, enjoy your your time on TC.

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 12 years, 2 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
G'day and welcome

The history on your link doesn't mention the plastic series from Perth. The one of these I have is the Watsonia variety

I have a rather sad Kombi (as in your avatar) from childhood, only of value to me I think.

Last Edit: 12 years, 2 months ago by Dinkydi.

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 12 years, 2 months ago #5

Welcome to TC and thank you for the great pic of the tanker. Expect to hear from Nobleco as he's up there in BC as well.

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 12 years, 2 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Hello and welcome.

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 12 years, 2 months ago #7

Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the welcome. Your Kombi still has value - A worse one sold at auction a few days ago for $50 AUD, but you can't put a price on childhood memories! As long as the casting is intact, the restorers love them. I added a little info on the WA plastic vans on my site. Thanks for taking a look.

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 12 years, 2 months ago #8

Welcome from the Netherlands

TC provides answers on all your queries and questions

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 12 years, 2 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Gidday Tacktic - welcome to our rollercoaster ride of collecting funstuff and vehicles.

just added a couple of Samba Combi's a couple of days ago.

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 12 years, 2 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
New Zealand Micro model Holden Panel Van.

Vanguard Estate. Needs some paint.

Micro Trailer.

1956 Ford Customline.

OHV V8 Ford light truck in military matt green.

Won this lot in bulk bid eBay from Gippsland Vic Aust.

Bit of tidy up on the Humber Snipe.

Holden FJ with new coat of paint and a bit of straightening up.

Same with the Inter.

Jaguar Sports MK 120 repaired and painted in my favourite blue.

Last Edit: 12 years, 1 month ago by GunnerJim.

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 12 years, 2 months ago #11

Fresh Boarder
Nice pictures of some oldies but goodies Gunner. BTW there is a huge diecast auction coming up in Auckland in march including lots of Micros. Auction catalogue link here. Wish I could be there...

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 12 years, 2 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
There were individual attempts to revive the name in the late 1970s and early 80s, I have two of these, a Beetle and a Kombi. I have taken a photo of the former but I will find the Kombi later and post a photo. As far as I know both of these were made in Sydney.

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 12 years, 1 month ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Those plastic kit types from Perth Australia although I purchased mine from Melbourne through the medium of eBay. I also purchased some replacement axles, wheel hubs and tyres although these differ some what to those originals.

Last Edit: 12 years, 1 month ago by GunnerJim.

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 12 years, 1 month ago #14

Fresh Boarder
These Crestas are some of my favorites. The Green one is an original Australian issue. The others are from New Zealand in mid seventies, including a Torro Micro with windows.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Joschik

Re: New Member and Micro Models collector 12 years, 1 month ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Funny as the other day I had seen one of these old vauxhalls sitting on the back of a tilt going somewhere. It is marvellous what some plastic does to the appearance to die-cast cars, instead of that empty shell symptoms.