Hi from Berkshire
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For all newcomers - welcome to the forums! Say hello and tell us a little about yourself and what you collect here!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hi from Berkshire

Hi from Berkshire 6 days, 13 hours ago #1

Fresh Boarder
<p>Hello there, I am Mike from Reading. I am mainly a collector of plastic figures but have a small collection of die cast including motorbikes by makers such as Britains and Morestone and also a few cars and TV related bits and pieces that I had as a child in the 1960s/70s. My diecast collection is purely a nostalgic thing based on childhood memories. My plastic figure collecting is slightly more obsessive.</p>
<p>I love trawling boot sales and local auctions in search of other vintage toy bits and pieces any of which are surplus I usually sell at a local Toy fair twice a year. One of my finds a couple of years back was the scooter pictured. I have failed to find a maker for it as it has no markings. It measures 68 mm front to back so is a bit bigger than the Britains bikes but smaller than the Morestone ones I have.  Any ideas??</p>
<p>Sorry - new to this and struggling to use my picture hoster. will try and sort it.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 3 days, 13 hours ago by elliottsgrampy.

Re: Hi from Berkshire 6 days, 10 hours ago #2

Platinum Boarder
We mostly use postimages.org/ for posting pictures. Easy to use and when you have selected your picture just use the Hotlink for forums, third from the bottom after you have loaded a picture from your computer. Copy the link with the blue copy icon on the right of the line and then post that in your text box. Also, use the Quick Reply on the bottom right of the page. It will not put all that HTML code in the post. It will post like the picture below.

The following user(s) said Thank You: elliottsgrampy

Re: Hi from Berkshire 6 days, 10 hours ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Would like to see some of your collection and Welcome to Planet Diecast from BC Canada

Re: Hi from Berkshire 5 days, 17 hours ago #4

Hello Mke, a warm welcome from the Netherlands. Good to have you on board.

Re: Hi from Berkshire 3 days, 14 hours ago #5

Fresh Boarder
<p>Thank you, the pictures are now in! Just got to work out how to lose the html.</p>
Last Edit: 3 days, 14 hours ago by elliottsgrampy.

Re: Hi from Berkshire 3 days, 13 hours ago #6

Fresh Boarder
<p>Any ideas on maker?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
best image hosting service</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 3 days, 13 hours ago by elliottsgrampy.

Re: Hi from Berkshire 3 days, 10 hours ago #7

Platinum Boarder
If you want to get rid of the HTML in your posts you HAVE to use the QUICK REPLY on the bottom right of the page. It is to the left of Reply and Quote.

Looks like there is nothing on the bottom of this little scooter. Do you know the scale or can you give us the length. There may be someone on here who know who made it.

Re: Hi from Berkshire 3 days, 10 hours ago #8

Platinum Boarder
It looks like a Vespa to me so it might be a promo give-a-way by the the company when you bought one?

Re: Hi from Berkshire 3 days, 9 hours ago #9

Platinum Boarder
<p>Hi Mike welcome to P.D, I have quite a few Scooter models, I have seen this one before but can't recall a maker, the wheels are similar to Maisto but not sure as this is small scale , they did a 1/18.</p>
<p>It could be Majorette ?</p>
Last Edit: 3 days, 9 hours ago by Andy66.
  • Page: