Hello from Wiltshire, UK
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For all newcomers - welcome to the forums! Say hello and tell us a little about yourself and what you collect here!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello from Wiltshire, UK

Re: Hello from Wiltshire, UK 6 months ago #16

Fresh Boarder
The landrovers only have opening rear doors, the trailers tend to have opening features
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Hello from Wiltshire, UK 6 months ago #17

Fresh Boarder
nobleco, here is the morris van and unpainted figures out of the box,

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Hello from Wiltshire, UK 6 months ago #18

Fresh Boarder
Hello all, here are some more photos of my collection....

Photo of 4 of my bburago 1/24 scale cars, I have 35 in total and 21 in total of 1/18 scale

Photo of my small collection of Corgi Mini's, I am not collecting anymore as there are so many
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, 143Madness

Re: Hello from Wiltshire, UK 6 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for showing the Morris Van and people. You have a bit of painting to do or are you just leaving them unpainted.
I don't really care for the shade of green though. I could have been darker like the original Dinky Telephone truck.That would look much better.

Re: Hello from Wiltshire, UK 6 months ago #20

That is a nice collection Francis. Indeed there are so many Mini cars available, it certainly can cost you a fortune to collect them all.

Re: Hello from Wiltshire, UK 6 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Welcome to P.D Francis, hope you enjoy it on here plenty to see.

Re: Hello from Wiltshire, UK 6 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Love the older bburago cars, why is it everyone makes things in China these days it seems remember when they used to make these in Italy and Majorette in France, many brands used to be 'made in England' etc.

Re: Hello from Wiltshire, UK 6 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
If you don't mind paying double and triple the cost of the toys they sell today,.... Costs to produce toys in China is so low. Just look at Atlas toys for example.What price does Atlas sell them at and how much can you pay for one straight from China. I have bought a few Atlas toys for under $10 with free shipping. Atlas sold them for $25 and up. Just the 571 Saviem Horse Van with the cart and driver and horse cost me $25.00 in 2015, much much lower than Atlas was selling them for.
Too cheap to NOT make toys in China now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Hello from Wiltshire, UK 6 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
You are of course right Nobleco...changing times we live in todays market is far different and virtually nothing is 'home market produced' nowadays because of this knock on effect from the cheap imports abroad outside of Europe and the America's.

Re: Hello from Wiltshire, UK 2 months, 3 weeks ago #25

Fresh Boarder
<p>Hello All,</p>
<p>I have expanded my Corgi collection the last few months with a couple from 1980's and most others are 1990's/2000's, now I am concentrating on getting a couple more of the land rovers as I have nearly completed this after getting the promod yellow and grey British Telecom and BT models, these are rare. See photos below.</p>
<p>The Police Land Rover corgitronics I got today is a mint model but the siren/light does not work with battery (tried 3 different batteries), any tips on this, I assume I might have to dismantled it????</p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p>Kieran</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>img hosting</p>
Last Edit: 2 months, 3 weeks ago by franciskieran.

Re: Hello from Wiltshire, UK 2 months, 3 weeks ago #26

Platinum Boarder
Some nice models you have added to your collection , good to see

Re: Hello from Wiltshire, UK 2 months, 3 weeks ago #27

Platinum Boarder
Nice bunch of Land Rovers and you have been busy buying all sorts of Corgi models. Nice to see.
For that roof light, there has to be a way to replace the bulb, you would think. Either the base comes off with screws or maybe the light on the roof unscrews. I don't know for sure as I don't collect these types or toys. I stay away from the Electonics just old fashion ones for Dinky like the ambulances I have.

Re: Hello from Wiltshire, UK 2 months, 3 weeks ago #28

Nice additions! About the lamp: does the Corgi box say which battery to use?
  • Page: