Hello from Wiltshire, UK
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For all newcomers - welcome to the forums! Say hello and tell us a little about yourself and what you collect here!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello from Wiltshire, UK

Hello from Wiltshire, UK 6 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
<p>Hi All,</p>
<p>I have been a fan of model cars since I was young mainly collecting bburago, (I have 21 mint models 1/18 scale and 35 mint models 1/24 scale all mint boxed from late 1990's), over the years to now I have collected various Corgi's and other models.</p>
<p>The last year I have been into collecting Corgi Land Rovers 109 / Series 2 individual models and others with trailers (minis/horesboxes/boat). I found this forum while researching different colour Land Rovers.</p>
<p>See a couple of photos attached of my latest additions this year...i got a boxed 1984 Royal Mail Land Rover at a toy fair earlier today </p>
<p>Cheers,</p>
<p>Kieran</p>

Re: Hello from Wiltshire, UK 6 months ago #2

Fresh Boarder
<p>Not sure how to add the photos ??????</p>

Re: Hello from Wiltshire, UK 6 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
<p>Welcome to Planet Diecast. There is a walk through here on the site. We use this site postimages.org/ You will see a choose images button. Click on that and go to where you have your pictures stored on your computer. Either select the pictures you want to post or just one picture and click Open. A list will show up with links to use to post permanent pictures on various formats. Choose the third from the bottom line, Hot Link for Forums by clicking on the blue icon at the far right of that line. That copies it to your clipboard so you can paste it into your dialogue box you use to post here. Don't worry, the text you post will be a picture on this end. You do get a preview when you get to the different choices of how to post. Good luck and looking forward to seeing some of your collection. I collect Dinky mostly.</p>
Last Edit: 6 months ago by Nobleco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: franciskieran

Re: Hello from Wiltshire, UK 6 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Welcome to PD!

I also have a collection of models in those scales, although I have many Hot wheels Matchbox, Dinky, Corgi etc too.

Believe it or not it Is actually ridiculously easy to find a site like the forum here whilst 'googling' something like a real vehicle even.

Re: Hello from Wiltshire, UK 6 months ago #5

hello Francis,
a warm welcome from The Netherlands. I think you can guess what I collect. Apart from that also Dinky Toys and a do the odd bit of restoring models too.
Please show us some photos when you got time

Re: Hello from Wiltshire, UK 6 months ago #6

Fresh Boarder

Re: Hello from Wiltshire, UK 6 months ago #7

Fresh Boarder
<p>Thanks Nobleco.</p>
<p>Some photos added as per my first post above regarding my Land Rovers collection. Plus a photo of 4 new additions to my collection I purchased at a toy fair yesterday, I spotted the boxed crane, it might be basic but it caught my attention, and all parts work and it is mint, not bad for £10.</p>
Last Edit: 6 months ago by franciskieran.

Re: Hello from Wiltshire, UK 6 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
I think you have clicked on Thumbnails for forum instead of Hotlink for forums which is why your images are small. Next time make sure you click Hotlink for forum...

In the meantime anyone viewing Kierans pictures above just need to click on the picture to see them full size

Re: Hello from Wiltshire, UK 6 months ago #9

Fresh Boarder
<p>Thanks TheRollerman.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Hello from Wiltshire, UK 6 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Very nice collection of Land Rovers. I like the ones towing trailers.
Glad you figured out the picture think. On going glitch here on the site. Also all the HTML code that shows up when you post. I don't say much in the first post when I start a new thread as it puts a lot of code in. Use the quick reply as I said before and there is no code. Unless you edit it and then it shows up again.
I guess the admin is working on a fix for the site or a new site but I have not heard from them in a number of months. I will be contacting them again soon.

Re: Hello from Wiltshire, UK 6 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Will have to show mine sometime, got a couple of Range Rover's and trucks in this scale.

Re: Hello from Wiltshire, UK 6 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
I am curious about the Morris van and the unpainted figures. can we see it out of the box please?

Re: Hello from Wiltshire, UK 6 months ago #13

that is a fine collection. On some of the window boxes it working features. Are these mainly opening doors and bonnet?

Re: Hello from Wiltshire, UK 6 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
A warm welcome from Belgium, nice collection.

Re: Hello from Wiltshire, UK 6 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
<p>Hello Francis, welcome to you. I think you will like it here, and your collection looks good. I also have some Corgi's.</p>
  • Page: