Hello from Germany
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For all newcomers - welcome to the forums! Say hello and tell us a little about yourself and what you collect here!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello from Germany

Hello from Germany 1 year, 2 months ago #1

Senior Boarder
<p>Hello all! My name is Uli Hoffmann from Ravensburg Germany. Thanks to Jim Nobles help I was finally able to join this terrific forum! Last summer I found  some Matchbox cars and trucks with regular wheels from my youth in the basement. I started to restore some of them. Now I bought some larger scale Dinky models which are also in need of some TLC. Will post pics during the process. Best whishes Uli</p>
<p>BTW: How can I post messages without these p thingies after each sentence/chapter?</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by rivera.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Hello from Germany 1 year, 2 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Hi welcome to PD and good luck with any restoration you shall attempt to do, I'm sure Jim Noble will keep you up to date with his lengthy knowledge.

Re: Hello from Germany 1 year, 2 months ago #3

Hello Uli, a warm welcome from The Netherlands. It is good to have you on board. If you reply to a topic, please use the quick reply button. Than the extra characters won't show. Uploading photos is a bit tricky at the moment. The best way to do that is to use www.postimage.org for uploading your photos. There is a topic in which it is explained, but here is a shortcut to it:
- go to the postimage website.
- choose upload images (in German I think it is called Bilder hochladen
- choose the image from your computer
- a screen appears, choose the third line from the bottom and click on the icon BEHIND the line
- the image is now copied.
- go to our website and paste by using CTRL - V to copy the image into your reaction

Re: Hello from Germany 1 year, 2 months ago #4

Re: Hello from Germany 1 year, 2 months ago #5

Re: Hello from Germany 1 year, 2 months ago #6

Senior Boarder
<p>Hello RoutemasterNL! Thanks for the hints with the picture upload. I have a postimage account from other forums I am a member of.( Vintage Norton motorcycles etc.)</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>It works fine!</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by rivera.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Hello from Germany 1 year, 2 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Hello Uli, welcome to the forum. By using the 'Quick Reply' button to post your comments to the forum, it will be a clean post. but if you then have to edit your post you will find those bloody 'P' thingies will come back.

Glad you have managed to post some images. Create a shortcut to postimage on your desktop or bookmark the site so you can go to it very quickly.

Rollerman.

Re: Hello from Germany 1 year, 2 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
<p>Hello Uli, welcome to you. I am sure you will like it here!</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Hello from Germany 1 year, 2 months ago #9

Thanks for the photo. I see you have some beautiful Regular Wheels on display. The Pickfords tractor and loader in the dark blue livery is very nice!!

Re: Hello from Germany 1 year, 2 months ago #10

Senior Boarder
The Pickfords Combo is still in original colour, the Ruston Bucyrus Excavator is a Code 3 resto in more original colours than the Matchbox paint style
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Hello from Germany 1 year, 2 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Welcome Uli. I have been out of town visiting my 94 year old mother and just got back yesterday. I see you have found members already that are helping you out. Great stuff as we are all very friendly here. They are correct and you seem to know how to use Postimage. Bottom right for the Quick Reply button for posting and as Rollerman says, don't edit unless you have to. I always type and read what I am typing as I go. I still make mistakes.
Looking forward to seeing your other posts since you joined.. I have a very busy day to day, being away does that to my eBay store, and might not get to all your posts today. I will though.
Again, welcome to PD and have fun. Jim

Re: Hello from Germany 1 year, 2 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
94....... wow!

And welcome to the forum from Ontario (central Canada)
  • Page: