New To Diecast
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For all newcomers - welcome to the forums! Say hello and tell us a little about yourself and what you collect here!

TOPIC: New To Diecast

Re: New To Diecast 1 year, 7 months ago #31

Platinum Boarder
<p>So, a one man factory could exist? And a one of a kind model, one produced, could exist? What code would that be?</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by Keesie.

Re: New To Diecast 1 year, 7 months ago #32

Platinum Boarder
Yes it could and has done in the past. Many of those late 1970's re-trimmed Yesteryear Vans were done by a single person and because he was selling them for monetary gain as new but modified models he had to make it clear on the box somewhere the model was a 'Code 3' by 'XYZ Models Ltd' and was not a Lesney factory product.

If this same person had only made the one single model based on a commercially available model such as a Corgi, Dinky or Matchbox for sale to a collector, again there should be a label attatched to make it clear the model has been modified, customised or rebuilt.

If this same person had only made the one single model again on a commercially available product but was not selling it to a collector but instead selling it to a friend, no labels are really needed as long as it is plainly obvious the model is not factory finished design, trimmed or painted and that friend understands what and why the model was created for.

What you do Keesie is fine because you are not trying to sell any of your customised or rebuilt models as original factory finished items.

Rollerman.

Re: New To Diecast 1 year, 7 months ago #33

Platinum Boarder
<p>See post below as editing this messed it up badly.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: New To Diecast 1 year, 7 months ago #34

Platinum Boarder
There are also those like Mike and Sue Richardson who made their own models based on Dinky Toys. I believe they called them M&amp;S models or similar. There are others too and we used to have a member here who would show us his work. Mostly based on French Dinky Toys but modified castings or resin work. I just can't remember his name. Ah, Dinkycollect was his user name and he made is own models sometimes. Used to show them here on the site back from about 2011 and on.
Here is a quote from fellow member Ford Motorsport from May 9 2008
"You need to bear in mind that the following definitions are standard and universally accepted in the model world
Code 1 editions:- These have all been produced usually in limited numbers by the original manufacturer for a third party.
Code 2 editions:- These are manufacturer supplied base models, refinished with the original manufacturers knowledge by another company or person.
Code 3 Editions:- These are models refinished with aftermarket decals, paintwork, details etc, with no permission or reference to the original manufacturer.
These should be used or incorporated in any classifications used or confusion will arise."

Re: New To Diecast 1 year, 7 months ago #35

Platinum Boarder
Sorry Dinkycollect is French, yes but the wrong guy, duh. Jacques Dufardins is the producer of Dinky toys encyclopedia. I was think of sthubert92. He as some really nice stuff but out of my price range. Sorry for the mix up.

Re: New To Diecast 1 year, 7 months ago #36

Platinum Boarder
Some of his line are called Atomic Models, some are Atomic Toys. Car Horse is I believe, a resin line he hasHis website is www.sthubert92.com/ it is full of great toys.

Re: New To Diecast 1 year, 7 months ago #37

Platinum Boarder
Like this Jim from Mike and Sue.

Re: New To Diecast 1 year, 7 months ago #38

Platinum Boarder
<p>Don't forget John Day and Walldorff!</p>
<p>Yes, I, (and some other in here too, right?) are sort of one man factories. Most of my 'specials' are based on existing models though. The Xmas mobiile might be one of, but based on a Batmobile. My curtain blind trailers are not based on any other make, so they might be Code 1.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by Keesie.

Re: New To Diecast 1 year, 7 months ago #39

Platinum Boarder
<p>A big welcome from Belgium, hope to see some more pictures from your restorations.</p>

Re: New To Diecast 1 year, 7 months ago #40

Fresh Boarder
Thanks again everyone!

MAN! I hope every question I ask on here generates 3 pages of lively discussion.

I'll keep you all posted on my restorations. My phone died recently and the jerks at Fido don't want to give me a new one (had it just long enough so there is no warranty but not long enough to be done with my contract). My phone is my main source of internet viewing and car photo taking so it might be a little bit before I can post anything.

Re: New To Diecast 1 year, 7 months ago #41

Platinum Boarder
See you when you get it straightened up. Good luck with Fido.