For all newcomers - welcome to the forums! Say hello and tell us a little about yourself and what you collect here!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello

Hello 1 year, 11 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
<p>Thank you for allowing me entrance to this astute group of older boys. We never grow up, just get older.</p>
<p>I have many Barclays, Dinkys, Tootsies, some MOY's, Charbens, Crescents, Matchbox and other assorted makers. Mostly 1/43 and 1/64. Some of my original toys when I was a younger person, note that I didn't say as a child. I do restores, repaints, take-a-parts to restore them. A very prominent source of parts for me is Steve Flowers. I don't appear on too many other forums. One that is dying and one that is apparently dead. So, here I am. Thank you again. Terry</p>

Re: Hello 1 year, 11 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Terry, Welcome to Planet Diecast from BC Canada. Sounds like quite the extensive collection you have there. Maybe you can find the time to post some pictures. Our picture poster is not working right not but most of us use a simple program, www.postimage.org and after choosing your photo from your computer, choose the third from the bottom selection on the next page. Post that into the Quick Reply box with a description of the picture like Make and model of the car and who made it. Dinky 131 Cadillac Eldorado for example.
Where do you hail from and would love to see some pictures of your work. We are a bunch of collectors and some are restorers and others do code 3 work Some for others and some just for themselves like I do now. After 10 years of putting up with people trying to tell me how to do a model, I gave up trying to explain I do as close to Dinky, Corgi or Matchbox as I can but there are a number of noticeable differences if you know your models. take a look in the Restorations section and you will see loads of different models.
We have some talented and very knowledgeable people on this site so ask your questions if you have any and I am sure you will get an answer.

Re: Hello 1 year, 11 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Hi Terry, weren't you from one of the other forums back in the day?
I am sure we crossed paths

Richatd k

Re: Hello 1 year, 11 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>A big welcome from Belgium.</p>

Re: Hello 1 year, 11 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Yes, Terry, I agree with Richard (RVREVO)above. We may have been on one or more forums you were also a member of. A number if our present members are from other forums that either were dying or have died. I personnaly have been on at least 4 others that have died in the last 4 to 6 years.
Jim

Re: Hello 1 year, 11 months ago #6

And a warm welcome from The Netherlands!

Re: Hello 1 year, 10 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
<p>A late welcome Terry!!!!! Whatever other forums, Terry and myself are on this very special forum, which is a two-man forum, see. No others are allowed in, unless you pass a very difficult test. No one succeeded.</p>

Re: Hello 1 year, 10 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Chances are good that Terry will say yes to me.
Maar Keesie zal nee zeggen.

Richard k

Re: Hello 1 year, 10 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
I have been on some of those forums with you guys too.
Ik zal zeggen dat hij mij misschien ook kent.

Re: Hello 1 year, 10 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Slipoed my mind you'd been to Holland for your big OE, Jim.
Grammar is very good

Re: Hello 1 year, 10 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
I must confess....I use google translate. I write what I want in English and then translate it to Dutch. Nice to hear it does that well. I used it to read what you said too. LOL

Re: Hello 1 year, 10 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
That was a great trip and met Keesie, Theo and Jan and had a great time with some of the members of the Dinky Toy Collector Association. Had a great trip and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Even met Steve Flowers.

Re: Hello 1 year, 10 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
<p>welcome from Ontario Canada </p>
  • Page: