For all newcomers - welcome to the forums! Say hello and tell us a little about yourself and what you collect here!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello

Hello 2 years ago #1

Fresh Boarder
<p>Hello,</p>
<p>I'm Patrick,47 years old and i live in The Netherlands.</p>
<p>I'm new here and also fairly new to the hobby. I just started a few months ago with the first attempts to restore die cast cars. I Really enjoy doing it and i also hope to gradually get better at it too of course.</p>
<p>i joined here to share my work and enjoy the work of others and also to gather some information to be honest. I actually have a question about primering die cast right now. I'll put up this question in the correct section right now. Is that the restorers section?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for reading!</p>
<p>Patrick..</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Hello 2 years ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>Hello there Patrick, welcome to the forum! Don't tell me you once had a Celica....</p>
<p>Of course it is not a coincidence that more members here are Dutch......me for one. You are rather 'late' in life starting to restore.</p>
<p>Indeed, you can place a question about using primer in the restorer's section. Have fun!</p>
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Keesie.

Re: Hello 2 years ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Welcome from BC Canada. There are a number of good restorers here on PD. I am sure we can answer your questions. Hope to see some of your work. We are having problems with the site right now so you have to use a third party picture posting app. Most of us have been using www.postimage.org as it works well. Pick the third from the bottom "Hot Link for Forums" after uploading your picture from your computer.
Hope you enjoy your stay here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1976celica

Re: Hello 2 years ago #4

Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the welcome! And yes i once had a celica. I actually have had several the last 25 years. I still have two of them. A '72 and a '76. How would you know?
I'm indeed rather late to start with this hobby,but i have been a modeller for decades. Plastic kits that is. I've been tinkering with vintage cars 1:1 and miniatures for all my life.

Re: Hello 2 years ago #5

Hello Patrick, and a warm welcome from me too. Also from NL. Good to have you on board. We have some very knowledgeable members here, who can help you with all your question. Feel free to post the questions in the restores section.
Kind Regards: RoutemasterNL - Theo

Re: Hello 2 years ago #6

Platinum Boarder
<p>Hello Patrick,.. I like your profile picture 'auto world' is a brand I have just started collecting, good for those of us who like well detailed retro diecast. The market seems in abundance these days i.e green light, Johnny Lightning, hot wheels , matchbox, Jada, Corgi etc. everyone seems to want a stake in 1:64.</p>
Last Edit: 2 years ago by 143Madness.

Re: Hello 2 years ago #7

Fresh Boarder
<p>Nobleco wrote:
Welcome from BC Canada. There are a number of good restorers here on PD. I am sure we can answer your questions. Hope to see some of your work. We are having problems with the site right now so you have to use a third party picture posting app. Most of us have been using www.postimage.org as it works well. Pick the third from the bottom "Hot Link for Forums" after uploading your picture from your computer. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
</p>
<p>Hello and thanks! I saw the site was a bit messy yesterday. Today it seems a bit better.  I'll try to post some pics of the work i already did. First have to find out how to post pictures with a third party of course. Really looking forward to see the work of other restorers and share knowledge.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: Hello 2 years ago #8

Fresh Boarder
<p>143Madness wrote:
</p>
<p>Hello Patrick,.. I like your profile picture 'auto world' is a brand I have just started collecting, good for those of us who like well detailed retro diecast. The market seems in abundance these days i.e green light, Johnny Lightning, hot wheels , matchbox, Jada, Corgi etc. everyone seems to want a stake in 1:64.</p>
<p>
Hello and thanks! I like older die cast the best,because of the quality,detailing,model choice and overall good looks. As for new retro die cast i think AutoWorld and tomica limited vintage both offer the best quality in 1/64 by far. Matchbox unfortunately has Disappeared completely from the market here. As for hot wheels we can only buy mainline at retailers and special editions only very expensive online.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: Hello 2 years ago #9

Fresh Boarder
<p>RoutemasterNL wrote:
Hello Patrick, and a warm welcome from me too. Also from NL. Good to have you on board. We have some very knowledgeable members here, who can help you with all your question. Feel free to post the questions in the restores section. Kind Regards: RoutemasterNL - Theo
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hello and thanks! Always nice to meet a fellow Dutchman in the hobby.</p>
<p>Looking forward to share knowledge show work and see work of others.</p>
<p>I actually have a question and as soon as i have a bit time i'll post it in the restorers section.</p>

Re: Hello 2 years ago #10

Platinum Boarder
<p>Hello Patrick, a big welcome from Belgium. If you have any questions, be free to ask them.</p>

Re: Hello 2 years ago #11

Fresh Boarder
<p>chaccamacca wrote:
</p>
<p>Hello Patrick, a big welcome from Belgium. If you have any questions, be free to ask them.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you!</p>

Re: Hello 2 years ago #12

Platinum Boarder
<p>Great that you still have some old cars 1:1! Once I wanted a car and wanted to choose between a Celica and a Supra. In the end it was the Supra, lasted me 15 years.</p>

Re: Hello 1 year, 11 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Hi Patrick from Australia good to have you onboard PD.
  • Page: