New to the hobby.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For all newcomers - welcome to the forums! Say hello and tell us a little about yourself and what you collect here!

TOPIC: New to the hobby.

Re: New to the hobby. 2 years, 3 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
When I was a lad, training to be a mechanic for building site machinery, any parts left over we used to call weeee bits. Because once the machine was fixed we used to say weeeee as we threw the bits away .

Re: New to the hobby. 2 years, 3 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Great that you agree with my plan Chacca.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chaccamacca

Re: New to the hobby. 2 years, 3 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
OK Keesie.

Here is the James Bond Aston Martin.

Some things i have bought and some parts from the cars i drilled open.

The following user(s) said Thank You: BazF

Re: New to the hobby. 2 years, 3 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
I see what you mean Chacca, but I think, for a start, it could be a bit complicated for someone who never did a model resto before.So let's not haste things. This could make things easier to follow for others as well.

Soooooo, let's work this out: you and me will 'accompany' Baz, step by step. I will open a new thread for this.

Re: New to the hobby. 2 years, 3 months ago #20

Fresh Boarder
Gents,

I really appreciate all the input.

I can't start these jobs immediately. I am currently finishing work on a Triumph T160 (this will be my last full size m/cycle job) and rebuilding a model Triumph Bonneville which I built in 1985.

I need to figure how to post pics.

The pics of the Aston Martin restore are great, thanks.

Baz

Re: New to the hobby. 2 years, 3 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Baz, you can go to the link below and go to page 2, post #22 and find out how you can post pictures here. It seems complicated but once you have done it a few times it becomes rather easy. You can go back and edit your post too if you posted pictures that did not show but you did not delete them. I can do that for you but it comes up as a Quote from me about your post.

Sorry I forgot to post the link.

https://www.planetdiecast.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=187&id=366598&limit=15&limitstart=15&Itemid=2455

Kees, yes, I can be quite serious at times but I think you already know that. Sometimes I am not a good people reader yet other times I get it bang on. Your suggestion on starting a thread on the Bat Mobile and on the Chitty Bang is a good one.

Chacca, that might be a start. I will have to get them from my Dinky Repair Shop and take them out of the box and wrapping Marty put them in and take some pictures. Then you will see it is probably not worth it for me. Shipping to you of a toy or ??? will be just as expensive. Also, as I have said before, Corgi is not my main interest and if I have 25 to 30 I would be surprised and almost all are here in my office and I count about 15 or so.
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: New to the hobby. 2 years, 3 months ago #22

Fresh Boarder
Pic of my 4 projects awaiting my attention. They look reasonable but all require mechanical repair.

Second pic is my Model Bonneville, first built in 1985 and recently stripped, painted and awaiting rebuild.

Baz

I couldn't find the link, attempted upload and as far as I can see...nothing.

Re: New to the hobby. 2 years, 3 months ago #23

Fresh Boarder
2nd pic attempt, resized

Re: New to the hobby. 2 years, 3 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
Jim, you can still come over to us a second time, we have pushbikes ready for you.

Ok Baz, you managed to place some pictures. I see you are working on a bike. The Corgi models do not seem too bad, but Chacca and I will wait till you are ready. I mean, speaking for myself I think I did at least 25 Bond Astons, so the model does not have any secrets for me, and I would not place any more pictures of mine unless something is not clear.

Re: New to the hobby. 2 years, 3 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
Keesie wrote:
Jim, you can still come over to us a second time, we have pushbikes ready for you.

Kees, I sent you a PM but I guess you did not get it. All I said was:

As I have done this car (JB Aston Martin) as well, I can add from time to time. You know me and pictures.
Also, one car not mentioned is the Corgi Man from U.N.C.L.E. car. I have done that too so no chicken just not a spender, I guess.
Jim

Re: New to the hobby. 2 years, 3 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
Baz, I have put the link into the post above. I forgot it the first time.
Your pictures should not have to be sized unless they are over about 1500 on a side. I usually use about 1000 on the longest side as that fits on eBay and they also get resized here. If they are larger they take a while to post but still go. It also depends on how fast/good your computer is.

Re: New to the hobby. 2 years, 3 months ago #27

Platinum Boarder
Jim, I did get that message, just replied to it. So Baz, Chacca, Jim and myself have the experience with restoring Bond Astons. When you are ready for it, place pictures in the thread I made for it.

Re: New to the hobby. 2 years, 3 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
Here are some pictures of the silver James Bond Aston Martin i'm going to do. I have to order the suspensions and the retainer for the seat.

The first picture is what i have for the silver car and the second picture are parts i have left over. So when you need them you know what to do.

And don't forget...i don't like to sell parts, i like to trade.

Re: New to the hobby. 2 years, 3 months ago #29

Platinum Boarder
yeah, I will pass on this one. Looks like y'all in good expert hands for restoration.

If you want a couple newer Corgi Aston Martin DB5, got a wee bit too many of these over the ditch in kiwiland
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by RVREVO.

Re: New to the hobby. 2 years, 3 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
BazF wrote:
Thanks for the interest Gents.
To answer a couple of questions;
I am in Western Australia.

GunnerJim would be in gyour neck of the woods Baz

Richard K
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by RVREVO.