Greetings from Scotland
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For all newcomers - welcome to the forums! Say hello and tell us a little about yourself and what you collect here!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Greetings from Scotland

Greetings from Scotland 2 years, 4 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
Good morning.  Having posted an enquiry, it seems polite to introduce myself.  My name is Graeme, I am a 65 year old retired Englishman, living in NE Scotland.  My main 'toy' interest is 0 gauge tinplate trains, particularly Hornby, and all things from the Meccano factory in Liverpool, which included Meccano, Hornby Trains, Bayko and Dinky Toys.  Die cast vehicles are an essential part of an 0 gauge train empire, and whilst Dinky dominates, many others also appear, particularly Marx made in the UK, such as the Lumar wagons and Toby Toys.

Graeme

Re: Greetings from Scotland 2 years, 4 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Welcome from Ontario Canada !!!!

Not too much train talk here lately, so it would be great to see pictures of what you got and learn more about your models

Re: Greetings from Scotland 2 years, 4 months ago #3

Fresh Boarder
Thank you!  This photo shows one side of my layout, with various Dinky farm models nearest the camera, and others dotted around.

Graeme

The following user(s) said Thank You: janwerner

Re: Greetings from Scotland 2 years, 4 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Wow!!!!!

Re: Greetings from Scotland 2 years, 4 months ago #5

Expert Boarder
Tick wrote:
Wow!!!!!

This!

Re: Greetings from Scotland 2 years, 4 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Hello Graeme and that is some collection!

Re: Greetings from Scotland 2 years, 4 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
A warm welcome from Belgium.

Re: Greetings from Scotland 2 years, 4 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Looks fantastic, welcome to P.D

Re: Greetings from Scotland 2 years, 4 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Graeme,

Great thing about O gauge is the amount of vehicles that you can get to accompany it. I have a lot of Minic tinplate vehicles that went well with my Hornby and Bassett Lowke O gauge, as well as some Dinky.

Nowadays I am firmly set in Gauge 1 so it has to be Britains vehicles or other 1/32 items.

What track are you using?

Re: Greetings from Scotland 2 years, 4 months ago #10

Senior Boarder
That's a beautifully nostalgic layout you have there Graeme.

Re: Greetings from Scotland 2 years, 4 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
I agree, it is a wonderful layout. I am rather concerned about that Dalek acting suspicious near the Police public call box. Daleks are often trying to steel the Doctor's Tardis so is he checking that one out hoping the Doctor will come back to it or is it a real call box and he is going away disappointed!

Rollerman.

Re: Greetings from Scotland 2 years, 4 months ago #12

And a warm welcome from The Netherlands too. Thanks for joining and a really like the lay-out, it looks great.

Re: Greetings from Scotland 2 years, 4 months ago #13

Fresh Boarder
Wow.  Thank you all.  The layout is open to the public for ten days each August, so there are various little models for the children to spot - Fat Controller, Tardis, Dalek, Harry Potter and Friends etc.

The track is a mixture of K-Line and Atlas, the Atlas track having power to each rail individually so that two and three rail trains can run  - but not simultaneously!

The buildings and accessories are mainly tin, from around the world.  Bing, JEP, Hornby, Lionel, Flyer, Marx and others.

This video shows recent (20 years) production Ace Trains, but some vehicles and other items are much older.

Well, I was going to add a Youtube link, but cannot gt it to work

Graeme
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Binnsroad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Greetings from Scotland 2 years, 4 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
That looks a wonderful layout Graeme, and welcome to the forum too!

Re: Greetings from Scotland 2 years, 4 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Welcome to the forum Graeme! The picture you showed looks great, I would say you used all the available space!
  • Page: