Just joined...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For all newcomers - welcome to the forums! Say hello and tell us a little about yourself and what you collect here!

TOPIC: Just joined...

Re: Just joined... 2 years, 5 months ago #16

Senior Boarder
Hi Fodenway and thanks for the welcome. I'm also in the process of selling kits and promos but will keep building and will hang on to a good stash. I will definitely check out your friend.

I love old British cars, that's what I grew up with/in. Got my licence in a MK lll Zodiac.          I might not have started with 1.43rd scale had there been more British cars in 1.24/5th plastic.

Re: Just joined... 2 years, 5 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Hello and welcome from Ontario (central Canada) eh.

Re: Just joined... 2 years, 5 months ago #18

Senior Boarder
Tick wrote:
Hello and welcome from Ontario (central Canada) eh.

Thanks Tick, much appreciated.

Re: Just joined... 2 years, 5 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Welcome to P.D peekay

Re: Just joined... 2 years, 5 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Welcome to the forum Peekay from another Brit. I too make 1/25 scale car kits sometimes and 2 years or so ago completed an AMT 1967 Chevrolet Impala coupe. Done a few others too, that and a '66 Charger by Monogram I built came from "Gazthek" who Fodenway just mentioned. I have an AMT 65 Riviera waiting too, bought the kit 10 years ago this year and still haven't started it!

Mad keen on diecasts too and especially 1/43. Cheers!
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by CollectorandrestorerMark.

Re: Just joined... 2 years, 5 months ago #21

Senior Boarder
Thanks so much Andy and Mark! Nice to see there's also some love for plastic here. 

Andy, I don't think I've ever seen those Zodiacs before and I'm curious. I only know of the old Airfix kits. Thanks for showing them.

Mark, I'm in the process of selling some of my kit collection at the moment, among them the three you mention. All good kits though. At the moment I'm slowly working on a Revell Jag XK 120.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Just joined... 2 years, 5 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
These are friction drive by Clifford Hong Kong, I have the Airfix Slot MK111 boxed.

Re: Just joined... 2 years, 5 months ago #23

Senior Boarder
Andy those Mark lll's are real gems. I've often thought of getting an Airfix kit - just for the box art. Although the Mk lll is probably as rare as hens' teeth here in Switzerland my ex-boss owned one from new and it was my responsibility to exercise and maintain it. Also, there is one in a classic car showroom not 300 yards from my home.

Re: Just joined... 2 years, 5 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
Hello, and welcome from Denmark. Yes, as you've already found out, PD is so much more than "just" diecast - some collectors here have astonishing plastic cars as well.

I built quite a few 1/24-1/25 plastic kits as well, but that was very long ago, probably in the early 1990s, I think. Unfortunately I didn't have enough room for proper storage so had to store most of them in unsafe places and over the years most of them got wrecked that way... things dropping on them and so on.

Only a few survived, and I think one of them is the Ferrari Daytona you show from Fujimi - wonderful model with so much detail!

I also have a few unbuilt kits from Monogram of 1980s NASCARs, some ready-built plastic models in various sizes, a built kit of a Porsche 962 Le Mans in yellow NewMan livery, and a 1/8th scale Chevy Camaro from Monogram.

Re: Just joined... 2 years, 5 months ago #25

And a warm welcome from The Netherlands. Itis good having you on board.
Theo - RoutemasterNL

Re: Just joined... 2 years, 5 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
Welcome ... from a Brit in Spain. I have 5 ( I think ) Studebaker plastic kits and a see through trailer kit. None of them built yet .....Still packed away from the move to here.
Have fun
Terry

Re: Just joined... 2 years, 5 months ago #27

Senior Boarder
Theebock, Theo and Terry - thanks so much for the welcome, I'm starting to feel quite comfortable here!

Re: Just joined... 2 years, 5 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
Here is my Airfix Slot car Zodiac complete with box , I also have the later customised Airfix version, I have put this on here some where not sure what topic.

Re: Just joined... 2 years, 5 months ago #29

Senior Boarder
Andy, they captured the shape and details of the Zodiac really well. I'm presuming thats a different animal from the kit? Body looks to be one piece - which would make sense for a slot car.

Re: Just joined... 2 years, 5 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
The slot cars came from the parts from the kits, they had a one piece body in the kit form , I may be wrong but the slot cars were either sold as kit form or ready assembled.