For all newcomers - welcome to the forums! Say hello and tell us a little about yourself and what you collect here!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hi

Re: Hi 2 years, 6 months ago #16

Expert Boarder
Inspired by Get Carter, here's my Hillman Hunter police car conversion.

Re: Hi 2 years, 6 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
I like those wheels you have used, where are they from, they look just right.

Rollerman.

Re: Hi 2 years, 6 months ago #18

Expert Boarder
On another level, here's my (very scratchy!) estate conversion. This was started, well... a decade ago and has sat around since then. In that time it's lost the rear pillars and rear door pillars too, but they're relatively easy to sort out - the coat of primer however is now a bit redundant without the bits there, that was just so I could see how it looked as a whole before progressing with filling, sanding etc.

It stopped last time because sorting the rear tailgate and lights was beyond me. Have started casually to look for a suitable donor car to make it easier (I don't have the talent of some on this forum to do a perfect job from scratch!) but haven't really found anything yet. Suspect this is a very long term project, as it'll need lots of time and lots of swearing!

Re: Hi 2 years, 6 months ago #19

Expert Boarder
TheRollerman wrote:
I like those wheels you have used, where are they from, they look just right.

Rollerman.

They're from a Detail Cars Alfa Giulietta Spider. Again, bought years ago when they were common. Seeing the prices on ebay, not entirely sure I'd chop one up nowadays!

Re: Hi 2 years, 6 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Welcome from Ontario Canada.

I too have not seen these Rootes. Looking forward to pictures

Re: Hi 2 years, 6 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
OK Dedra, thanks for the info on those wheels. Some of my own projects have been helped (or is that hindered!), with some swearing, Ha! Ha!

I like the estate project and hopefuly you will find a way to finish it. If the problem was finding a donar tailgate made of metal, why not use plastic. This is much easier to work with (swearing optional!), and you have full control over the beginning and end results.

Rollerman.

Re: Hi 2 years, 6 months ago #22

Expert Boarder
I did actually have a go at making one out of plastic long ago, it didn't end well!

If nothing comes up and I get to that stage (a few rather easier things to do first) then I might have another stab at it.

Re: Hi 2 years, 6 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
Everything in White on this Corgi Toys Silver Ghost is Plasticard. Wonderful stuff to work with.

The spare tyre is experimental and carved out of an office eraser.

Rollerman.

Re: Hi 2 years, 6 months ago #24

Expert Boarder
That is indeed very impressive. There's something key I'd be lacking to try similar however.

Talent.

Re: Hi 2 years, 5 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
Some nice jobs on here, I like the Hunter police car and that's a nice Silver Ghost Rollerman!
  • Page: