Hello, new here
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For all newcomers - welcome to the forums! Say hello and tell us a little about yourself and what you collect here!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello, new here

Hello, new here 2 years, 7 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
Hello,

New here, I have a small collection of die cast models, from various makers, some I have had longer than I care to remember, but the oldest is my Shackleton Foden,

I actually found this site while looking for parts for it, and thanks to Jim Noble I will soon have all the parts I need.

My user name "Transit" may seem a bit odd, but I had problems registering on here and used up all the combinations of my name, also I have a full sized version.

Here are a few pictures of what I have.

Peter.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Hello, new here 2 years, 7 months ago #2

That Foden is really special and looks in terrific condition..hope you enjoy yourself on here, feel free to ask anything you want...we are all here to help each other...

Kind regards Niall.....

Re: Hello, new here 2 years, 7 months ago #3

Fresh Boarder
Niall,

Thank you for the welcome, you are right the Foden is special, I've had it from new, here is a closer view of it

Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dublin6, karls

Re: Hello, new here 2 years, 7 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Welcome to PD Transit, great to see this lovely Shackleton it is a great model.

I like your taste in vans , I have quite a few Transit models & still & have driven all models of this van.

Re: Hello, new here 2 years, 7 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Welcome to the forum Transit, a nice selection, I recognise a Siku Transit minibus, I have an ex German police version, which I've repainted in the similar green but is missing and opening rear side passenger door. Some nice other models too

Re: Hello, new here 2 years, 7 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Welcome, I too have a few Transit models, Corgi and Husky, Dinky, csm and a few others.

Re: Hello, new here 2 years, 7 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Transit wrote:
Hello,

New here, I have a small collection of die cast models, from various makers, some I have had longer than I care to remember, but the oldest is my Shackleton Foden,

I actually found this site while looking for parts for it, and thanks to Jim Noble I will soon have all the parts I need.

My user name "Transit" may seem a bit odd, but I had problems registering on here and used up all the combinations of my name, also I have a full sized version.

Here are a few pictures of what I have.

Peter.

Edit: Dec 10, take out small text HTML so we can read it.

Re: Hello, new here 2 years, 7 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Welcome Peter from BC Canada and glad you finally got set up here.
I see from your pictures why you contacted me and it shows on the front of that Foden for sure. Will be nice for you to have it all back in order again.
I have that Corgi TR and also the Matchbox Jag SS100, both great cars in their time.

Re: Hello, new here 2 years, 7 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Great username ''Transit'' and welcome to the forum. Nice selection of models. We have members here who have generic collections and members here with specific collections such as myself and I noticed a lovely Corgi Toys 'Golden Jacks' Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow in your picture, that shows you have great taste...Ha! Ha!

Rollerman.

Re: Hello, new here 2 years, 7 months ago #10

Fresh Boarder
Thanks to everybody for the warm welcome. 

Andy, like you I have driven most of the Transit models from the early (1966) Mk1 to the latest Mk8, for some reason or other never got to drive the Mk4, but my favourite is still the Mk1. 

I have a Mk1 and I have posted a picture of it in the  1:1 scale Thread. 

Jim, you are right the front of the Foden does look a bit second hand, it will be good to have it right again. 

Rollerman, I also have this Cloud 11, that I missed of the original photograph. 

Peter.

Re: Hello, new here 2 years, 7 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
A warm welcome from Belgium. I hope to see some more pictures.

Re: Hello, new here 2 years, 6 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Welcome from Ontario Canada!

I love the Dinky and Siku Transits. Have quite a few myself
  • Page: