Hello Planet Diecast
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For all newcomers - welcome to the forums! Say hello and tell us a little about yourself and what you collect here!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello Planet Diecast

Re: Hello Planet Diecast 2 years, 7 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
That looks great, Jim! It seems that you are struggling with display space a little bit. Do I see the Dinky Swissair Caravelle there? Hard to find. Thanks for showing! Kind regards, Jan

Re: Hello Planet Diecast 2 years, 7 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Fantastic, great display cabinets, I wish I had a bigger house as this is how I would love to display my collection.

Re: Hello Planet Diecast 2 years, 7 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for those great pictures Jim. Always interesting to see how others arranged their collection. It seems you have the luxury of a complete room dedicated to your hobby.

Re: Hello Planet Diecast 2 years, 7 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
A warm welcome from Belgium. Nice collection.

Re: Hello Planet Diecast 2 years, 7 months ago #20

Junior Boarder
Thank you for the kind remarks! The Saturn 5 rocket is the Revell model from the 1970's A characteristic of that model is that the cylindrical parts of each stage are flat sheet plastic, which one had to roll into a cylinder, and mate to the rings. It took skill, and worked very well. 

The Swissair Caravelle was the product of me making up the decals in Corel Draw as I had a friend who worked on them at Swissair. I had a Caravelle with no landing gear, so I restored it for him, gear up, and applied the printed decals. I restored a second one for myself.

My cabinet, is in large part, a rearranged revolving door. A friend had the pane and did not want them. They were in beautiful shape, and are 3/4" thick. They were challenging to carry upstairs, but once up and glued into place are excellent. Then I cut the glass shelves. Yes, I'm out of space, with near a hundred restoration projects put away. I expect to make a new cabinet for all the aircraft separately.That will wait until I'm a bit more up and about.

My next job will be to catalog all my toys, so my family will know what to sell in the distant future!

Re: Hello Planet Diecast 2 years, 7 months ago #21

Gold Boarder
Indeed impressive displays, very professional. The sort of toy shop you would wish to visit often, you just don't know where to look first!

Re: Hello Planet Diecast 2 years, 7 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Sorry Jim, I thought at first you said you had a collection...that looks more like a museum...Ha! Ha!

Rollerman.

Re: Hello Planet Diecast 2 years, 7 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
Our collections really do have similarities. You and I have the same tastes. Except your collection contains alot of what I wish for. And the display cabinets are awesome.

Very nice collection.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Tick.
  • Page: