back into diecasts
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For all newcomers - welcome to the forums! Say hello and tell us a little about yourself and what you collect here!
  • Page:

TOPIC: back into diecasts

back into diecasts 2 years, 8 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
hi all, just getting back into it after 10 years away from collecting. Mostly drag racing and drag boats

Dean

Re: back into diecasts 2 years, 8 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Dean, welcome to Planet Diecast from another local BC guy. I am in Greenwood. Family settled in Haney in 1879 with a dairy farm that is still there to this day.
Let us know what you collect and when you figure out how to place pictures here (easy really) let us see some of them.
Did you race at Mission Raceway? I did a bit back in the late 1960's and very early 1970's in MG's and TR's
Again, welcome to PD, Jim

Re: back into diecasts 2 years, 8 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Hi Dean, welcome to our forum. Good that you choose to get back, but since our hobby can be very expensive, on what did you spent your money the past ten years......?

Re: back into diecasts 2 years, 8 months ago #4

Gold Boarder
Now there's a good question

Re: back into diecasts 2 years, 8 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
PoliTom2 wrote:
Now there's a good question

I agree and Kees could have started a separate thread with that alone, so we can all give answers.

Rollerman.

Re: back into diecasts 2 years, 8 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Keesie wrote:
Hi Dean, welcome to our forum. Good that you choose to get back, but since our hobby can be very expensive, on what did you spent your money the past ten years......?

Dean mentioned drag racing and boat racing.

Both are very expensive hobbies.

Richard k

Re: back into diecasts 2 years, 8 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
RVREVO wrote:
Keesie wrote:

Richard k

I meant collecting diecast can be very expensive.

Re: back into diecasts 2 years, 8 months ago #8

Hello Dean, a warm welcome from The Netherland. Please show us some photos of your collections
RoutemasterNL

Re: back into diecasts 2 years, 8 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Keesie wrote:

A strip of Asphalt and a hole in the water, what else. No room for diecast in there. They sink.

Re: back into diecasts 2 years, 8 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Keesie wrote:
RVREVO wrote:
Keesie wrote:

Richard k

I meant collecting diecast can be very expensive.

Welcome from New Zealand Dean.

Had a buddy who was into midget Racing, and a friend of the family used to race Classic cars and Formula GP around the world. The amounts of money thrown in that hobby is mindblowing.

As for diecast, that hobby can vary from whatever theme you are into collecting. It does not need to be expensive, and if you like to tinker can delve straight into fixing whatever.

and I have noticed you've answered Keesie's (pronounced Casey) question.

Richard k

Re: back into diecasts 2 years, 8 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
As far as I can see there is still only ONE posting from Dean, so there is no reply to my question yet. Keesie is pronounced as Keesie when you are Dutch.

Re: back into diecasts 2 years, 8 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
But not with english speaking people who will pronounce it as KEY SAI.

Deans very first post he mention dragracing and boat racing.
And the second answer he gave you was the track he had to hire to race on.

Kan ik nu ophouden met jouw te plagen over je naam? Ik had twee vrienden op school die Kees hete. Eentje was in NZ en hij moest zijn naam anders spellen op het engels, dus Keesie werd Casey.
Dean heeft aan het begin verteld wat zijn hobby was. Autoracen is enorm duur. Verzamelen van speelgoed autoos heel goedkoop.

Richard k

Re: back into diecasts 2 years, 8 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
A warm welcome from Belgium. Hope to see some pictures from your collection.

Re: back into diecasts 2 years, 8 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
I prefer to answer in English so everyone can read this, not only the ones who speak and read Dutch. Sorry this has to happen in your intro-thread Dean.

Why do you always cause trouble RichardK, better known as RVRevo? Recently you caused trouble in the guessing thread, and the moderator had to be involved to stop you. As I remember correctly a member nearly fled off the forum by your remarks. So if you stay away from me, some others and myself will stay away from you, agreed?

Re: back into diecasts 2 years, 8 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Come on Guys, lets be careful now, this is a friendly forum, lets try and keep it that way.

If we were the last chaps on Earth following a disaster, we would have to be friends and not hostile to help each other survive.

Regards members using their native tongue, by all means post comments in your own language if you prefer, but if you can, then give a translation in English.

Rollerman.
  • Page: