Strombecker Midgets
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For all newcomers - welcome to the forums! Say hello and tell us a little about yourself and what you collect here!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Strombecker Midgets

Strombecker Midgets 2 years, 8 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
Hello. I am new in this forum. Here I attach for you some pics regarding the beautiful Strombecker Midgets slot cars. The review is "Rod & Custom Models" Dec-1964. Greetings from Buenos Aires - Argentina.

Re: Strombecker Midgets 2 years, 8 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Welcome to the forum. Don't think we had those in the UK. My slot car interests are based around the Scalextric system, but I know there was virtually every type of vehicle made as a slot car, trucks, buses, bangers, stock cars even Rolls-Royce cars and of course racing cars, so midgets are right in there with the best of them.

Any pictures coming our way of your collection.

Rollerman.

Re: Strombecker Midgets 2 years, 8 months ago #3

Fresh Boarder
Thanks Rollerman. Here some pics of my little Strombecker oval track and cars ...

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Strombecker Midgets 2 years, 8 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Welcome to Planet Diecast from BC Canada. I don't know this set up but I have had a few race car sets in my time. I think I have a Stromberg upstairs. Might be Revell, been soon since I have looked at it and I had both along with another set in about 1:64 scale that I used to build bodies on and paint them and also rewind the motors for more speed. replaceable wheels so you could put street tires on or racing slicks. Also Sponge rubber tires and they held the track really well so you did not need the rear pin. Fun times as a kid and early teen.

Re: Strombecker Midgets 2 years, 8 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
I forgot to ask, what scale are these? They look about 1:40

Re: Strombecker Midgets 2 years, 8 months ago #6

Fresh Boarder
These Strombecker cars are 1:32 scale. I think that Monogram made a midget slot car kit in 1:24.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Strombecker Midgets 2 years, 8 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Thank's for the pictures, nice to see a couple of young drivers using it as well.

Rollerman.
  • Page: