Hi from The Car Room!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For all newcomers - welcome to the forums! Say hello and tell us a little about yourself and what you collect here!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hi from The Car Room!

Hi from The Car Room! 14 years ago #1

Fresh Boarder
Hi Everyone!
My name is Casey.  My husband- Joe Kelly, jr. and I have a collection of more than 2000 1:18 scale cars in addition to an ever growing collection of 1:24, 1:43, 1:64 and 1:87. We also have a large collection of construction equipment.  

We enjoy this hobby so much- that we started The Car Room Magazine about 2 years ago to help celebrate the passion for collecting scale model vehicles.  We are fortunate to have a team of talented and knowledgeable writers- each collecting the scale they write about.

We are constantly looking for new ways to engage collectors - learn more about their collections and share our collection with them.  We are constantly adding new models to our collection- some grace the pages of our magazine, while some are featured on our internet based show (www.thecarroom.com/tv/ )  The show airs every Saturday night at 7pm est. and is available on-demand.  

Our collection includes CMC, GMP, Sunstar, Minichamps, Kyosho, Spark, Hwy 61.  We collect everything from hand-builts to 1:64!!!

Thanks!

Casey 

Re:Hi from The Car Room! 14 years ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Many thanks letting us know this great review from real enthusiasts.

Re:Hi from The Car Room! 14 years ago #3

Fresh Boarder
You are welcome.  We are working on our next issue which will include a review of the Greenlight 2010 Mustang.

This Saturday\'s show will have models from BUB- a German scale model maker. I especially love their line of 1:87 models.

Re:Hi from The Car Room! 14 years ago #4

I\'ve got the BUB 642 Fiat transport and it\'s really a fine piece. The cost is a little high here in the US, the quality makes it worth the price.

Re:Hi from The Car Room! 14 years ago #5

Fresh Boarder
We just received the Mercedes Benz L319, Phanonmen Granit 25, Zundapp Bella m. Seitenwagen, Porsche 718 and more.  I really enjoy their models. I have met one of the owners several times and I truly believe they have a real commitment to quality.  I have also heard that they have secured a distributor here in the US,

Re:Hi from The Car Room! 14 years ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Ay up Casey

It was a great show last Saturday - really enjoyed taking part.

Nice hearing the famous trio chatting about their collections.

Me - well I collect anything from a 99p Matchbox to well .......

My latest additions were obtained on a trip to Stratford-upon-Avon last Saturday. These were an Axel R resin handbuilt Chevron-Repco and a Kyosho Lamborghini Countach Remote Control car. Both of these are 1:43rd scale.

Looking forward to tuning in this Saturday.

Sending my regards to both yourself, Joe and the team.

Cheers Chris

Re:Hi from The Car Room! 14 years ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Hi Casey I have watched the show a couple of times although it is a slow feed here in Australia which stops and starts on my computer. I have also watched the show on demand which is handy too. Thanks anyway might try it again this Saturday night.

Re:Hi from The Car Room! 14 years ago #8

Fresh Boarder
GunnerJim- Glad to hear that you have watched the show!  You might try updating your media player. This might help with the \"freezing\" on the screen.

With our next issue we will have a digital format magazine in addition to the print.  Still working on the details. It will be an exact replica of the print magazine available in a digital format. 

Chris, It is always a pleasure to have you on the chat.  I loved the open formum with Mike, Jeff and Joe. We will be doing the same type of thing in mid-April as we will all be travelling to Mike\'s house for the weekend. We are also hoping to do a round table discussion at one of the 64th shows coming up soon.  This week\'s show will include some Bub, Harley bikes, a few interviews from either Nuremberg or Vegas. 

All the best!  Casey

• Page: