47 yr old newby
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For all newcomers - welcome to the forums! Say hello and tell us a little about yourself and what you collect here!
  • Page:

TOPIC: 47 yr old newby

47 yr old newby 9 years ago #1

Fresh Boarder
Hi all,,ive just got myself a starsky and hutch car, ,had one as a child,the only car i ever had from new but it got stolen..anyway im going to restore this one,new paint and decals (ebay).so if someone can help me please with a link on scale of model and paint colour and rivet replacement etc etc...many thanks

Re: 47 yr old newby 9 years ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Hello Stig (now there's an original name...!), welcome to the forum. You have joined at a time when we are experiencing some technical issues, but we are trying to have them resolved.

Your Starsky and Hutch car has been modelled by various toy and model companies over the Years so we will need to know what brand or make is shown on the baseplate before a scale can be advised.

There are many spare parts suppliers around these days but also toy fairs where you can buy more examples of models cheaply and use them for spare parts if the parts you want are not made commercially.

We have a few professional restorers here on the forum so they may be interested in your model as well.

One Day you will be able to show us some pictures or if you use 'Photobucket' or 'TinyPic', you can post us some that way.

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stig

Re: 47 yr old newby 9 years ago #3

Hello Stig,

a warm welcome from The Netherlands

RoutemasterNL

Re: 47 yr old newby 9 years ago #4

Platinum Boarder
For paints and supplies there are a number of suppliers in the UK. You just have to find them on the net as most do not use eBay to sell.
Paints can no longer be shipped by Royal Mail and you have to pick them up from SF at the toy fairs he attends. Best to order ahead too as I don't know what he takes to the fairs as I have never been to one in the UK as I live in Canada.

Re: 47 yr old newby 9 years ago #5

Fresh Boarder
Hiya and thanks for the replys,,ill try to get pics loaded asap..i have 2x same cars now both in need of restoring, ,they are the corgi cars ,the bigger of the two,and what i wanted to do is put some scaled scenery behind them but dont know where to start..thanks for reading

Re: 47 yr old newby 9 years ago #6

Platinum Boarder
The larger of the Two known Corgi 'Hutch' cars will be close to 1/36th scale as it was made after the period Corgi adopted the scale for most of it's car range.

For street scenery you can go 'On-Line' and look at pictures of New York and just save the images and print them out, stuck onto some card with 'Tabs' and you can make a pretty good diorama for the car to rest on.

Rollerman.

Re: 47 yr old newby 9 years ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Welcome Stig, if you look at page 2 of some of my Corgi's in the Corgi forum you will see my Starsky & Hutch set minus it's box, this will give you an idea of colour.

Re: 47 yr old newby 9 years ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Enjoy your stay here Stig.

Cheers from Amsterdam.

Re: 47 yr old newby 9 years ago #9

Platinum Boarder

Re: 47 yr old newby 9 years ago #10

Fresh Boarder
Thanks for that but i did find it.....very nice collection, cheers