This forum is specifically for diecast made in France - Solido, Majorette, Norev, CIJ, FJ, Quiralu and all the others.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Early Majorette caravan?

Early Majorette caravan? 6 years, 4 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
I bought this a couple of weeks ago & appears to be an early Majorette model of a caravan. It is marked n the base Majorette no.15 Sterkaman Lovely it is plastic with a metal base . I started buying Majorettes as a child in the mid 70's , I have not seen this one before.

Re: Early Majorette caravan? 6 years, 4 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Nice ; I have never seen one , probably never sold in Holland

Re: Early Majorette caravan? 6 years, 4 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I bought a couple of those in Holland, so they were sold there. Indeed it is a relatively early Majorette. I believe even sold with an earlier name (Rail Route)

Re: Early Majorette caravan? 6 years, 4 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
I have a majorette Caravan, No. 325 in 1:70 scale. I don't even know where I got it but probably along with a group of toys bought off eBay a couple years ago. Anyone know a value and when it was produced as I don't know much about Majorette.

The door still works fine.

Speed Wheels?

Re: Early Majorette caravan? 6 years, 4 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
By the wheels mid 70's to early 80's, Nobleco , these caravans were painted different colours at later releases.

Jclevering I have seen a nice early  set with a Citroen Ds towing the early one , I wonder if this came under the Rail route name?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Early Majorette caravan? 6 years, 4 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Andy, I thought it was later issue from the 90's. So, it is to be earlier than that.

Re: Early Majorette caravan? 6 years, 4 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Andy66 wrote:
By the wheels mid 70's to early 80's, Nobleco , these caravans were painted different colours at later releases.

Jclevering I have seen a nice early  set with a Citroen Ds towing the early one , I wonder if this came under the Rail route name?

I believe not, I believe the sets were Majorette already.

Re: Early Majorette caravan? 6 years, 4 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
The trailer will be going on eBay soon.

Re: Early Majorette caravan? 6 years, 4 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Wheels don't belong. Definitely seventies. Majorette were early adopters of their version of superclass wheels and wire suspension. These wheels and tires? Easy swap out. Diecast chassis attached to plastic body with clips.
This does ook like the bigger scale. There were a few variants.

Re: Early Majorette caravan? 6 years, 4 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
RVREVO wrote:
Wheels don't belong. Definitely seventies. Majorette were early adopters of their version of superclass wheels and wire suspension. These wheels and tires? Easy swap out. Diecast chassis attached to plastic body with clips.
This does ook like the bigger scale. There were a few variants.

Assuming you speak about the second caravan in this topic?

Re: Early Majorette caravan? 6 years, 4 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Careful with assume.

The second caravan is a nineties caravan, smaller, got a few of those as well.

Re: Early Majorette caravan? 6 years, 4 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Apologies. After a bit of research found more of the same caravan with the same diecast wheels and tires. As usual color of windows if any varies.
Now we need a car with similar wheels.

Re: Early Majorette caravan? 6 years, 4 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
RVREVO wrote:
Apologies. After a bit of research found more of the same caravan with the same diecast wheels and tires. As usual color of windows if any varies.
Now we need a car with similar wheels.

Citroën DS, comes to mind.

Re: Early Majorette caravan? 6 years, 3 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Rvrevo, I found a picture of this caravan & Citroen on Google they did come as a set.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RVREVO

Re: Early Majorette caravan? 6 years, 3 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Cars and trailers was majorette gimmick.
  • Page: