This forum is specifically for diecast made in France - Solido, Majorette, Norev, CIJ, FJ, Quiralu and all the others.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Majorette renault 5

Majorette renault 5 7 years, 4 months ago #1

Expert Boarder
Hi,

i've growing collection of 60's, 70's & 80's majorette diecasts. Being of French origins I've always expected the models to be left-hand drive. However I noticed this morning that one of my Renault 5's is right-hand drive (the rest are LHD). 

Is it typical that some RHD models were produced?

Grateful for any advice. 

Thks

Andy

Re: Majorette renault 5 7 years, 4 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Hi Andy and welcome to Planet Diecast.

Yes they did produce RHD's depending on the target market as the originals they were based on had them for the UK and other RHD countries is my guess. A bit like the Matchbox Volvo which was probably more famous in england but were produced with LHD's because Sweden is LHD (you'd think Matchbox being English would make their model cars RHD but not in this case)

Re: Majorette renault 5 7 years, 4 months ago #3

Expert Boarder
That would explain it. All my other Majorettes are LHD but I'll keep my eyes open for RHD versions.

Thks for your help.

Re: Majorette renault 5 7 years, 4 months ago #4

Hello Andy26,
a warm welcome from The Netherlands. Show us some photos of your collection, we all here like that

Re: Majorette renault 5 7 years, 4 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Welcome Andy26 to a great site.

Found this Chrysler 180 out it has the early type wheels , I have another one with the triangle style which I bought to replace my first ever Majorette model which was this model in orange with "Ford style minlite" wheels this one met it's end when one of my sisters trod on it!

The model attracted me as kid as it had a "heated rear" window.

Re: Majorette renault 5 7 years, 4 months ago #6

Expert Boarder

thks for the warm welcome. I'll post up some photos - first up some Chrysler 180's

Re: Majorette renault 5 7 years, 4 months ago #7

Expert Boarder

A few Peugeots

Re: Majorette renault 5 7 years, 4 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
These now show 3 different wheel types , are there any more types of wheels on the standard cars?

Re: Majorette renault 5 7 years, 4 months ago #9

Expert Boarder

Renault 5's. The green one is the RHD version

Re: Majorette renault 5 7 years, 4 months ago #10

Expert Boarder
Andy66 wrote:
These now show 3 different wheel types , are there any more types of wheels on the standard cars?

I tend to find that each model had a real mix of wheel types.

Re: Majorette renault 5 7 years, 4 months ago #11

Expert Boarder

A tray of 'Dodge' trucks

Re: Majorette renault 5 7 years, 4 months ago #12

Expert Boarder

Lastly some Bernard trucks. One day I'll take pictures of everything!

Re: Majorette renault 5 7 years, 4 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
I have an orange Renault 5 I also have an early Renault 16 with wheels like on my Chrysler. I have a wine colour Peugeot , I remember a neighbour had a champange /gold one & it was in the same class as a Ford Granada , I liked these style cars so having the model . I was a bonus as a kid I still have this stored away with my other models, I remember that the rear wheels never turned as good as the front as if the axle was too long, are your ones like this or was it a one off?

Re: Majorette renault 5 7 years, 4 months ago #14

Expert Boarder
Andy66 wrote:
I have an orange Renault 5 I also have an early Renault 16 with wheels like on my Chrysler. I have a wine colour Peugeot , I remember a neighbour had a champange /gold one & it was in the same class as a Ford Granada , I liked these style cars so having the model . I was a bonus as a kid I still have this stored away with my other models, I remember that the rear wheels never turned as good as the front as if the axle was too long, are your ones like this or was it a one off?

The wheels on mine turn ok. 

I'd love to get a Renault 16. My dad had two when I was growing up and I learned to drive in one of them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL
  • Page: