Majorette Recovery Truck by Mondial Assistance
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
This forum is specifically for diecast made in France - Solido, Majorette, Norev, CIJ, FJ, Quiralu and all the others.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Majorette Recovery Truck by Mondial Assistance

Re: Majorette Recovery Truck by Mondial Assistance 8 years, 5 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
heya Mirko, i'm still no closer to what exactly it is, but Majorette went to a lot of trouble making two different chassis for it, the light truck and a Fire Truck.

The wrecker, camper and Safari vehicles gave a good indication where these vehicles were used.

I've since found another candidate, a light truck ute build with a Moskvich cab. Most of the cab and lights are very similar. So is the grille.

The rear tray and especially the tail end reminds me of military vehicles.

For an example where military vehicles are not what they seem the Dutch DAF company produced a military vehicle similar to the Land Rover. Considering the ties with British Leyland its no small wonder why the 'Spanish build' vehicle has a striking resemblance to the British Land Rover. Its called the DAF Elara 88 and was made by Pegaso, based on the LR 90.

getting back to the Dodge... new photos come online all the time. Considering that the Safari model was destined for deserts and jungle areas I suspect that this is where we may look for this vehicle. That would mean countries like in the Mediterranean - and yes... they made their own cars too.

Re: Majorette Recovery Truck by Mondial Assistance 8 years, 5 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Gunnerjim's post of the Toyopet seems to be the closest match up so far. Has the over hang on the top front of the hood, grill about the same and make the headlights singles and you have a pretty close match. The body detailing on the fender reminds me of Jeep Wagoneers of the 90's

Re: Majorette Recovery Truck by Mondial Assistance 8 years, 5 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
How about the 1965-66 Toyota Stout

Last Edit: 8 years, 5 months ago by RVREVO.

Re: Majorette Recovery Truck by Mondial Assistance 8 years, 5 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Looks pretty close with those twin headlight job on the Stout. But who knows what was going through those Majorette designers mind at that particular time. First I thought it may have been French vehicle, alas that idea disappeared too. I know those Toyota Stouts could take some punishment as they have been used in chasing down water buffalo up North in Queensland and Northern Territory in Australia plus Kangaroo culling.
Last Edit: 8 years, 5 months ago by GunnerJim.
  • Page: