This forum is specifically for diecast made in France - Solido, Majorette, Norev, CIJ, FJ, Quiralu and all the others.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Majorette #239 Fiat Ritmo

Majorette #239 Fiat Ritmo 8 years, 6 months ago #1

Expert Boarder
Well, true to my screen name...
Found this years ago in a flea market. Couldn't believe my eyes: there are so few Ritmo diecasts!
On the sides it says Abarth 2000. But there is a small plate between the bonnet and the front door: this states 65 CL
it is a 1300 engine, with 65HP and the CL fitting (Comfort Lusso).
Ironically my 1:1 Ritmo had rust in almost the same spots where the model lost the paint!!!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Majorette #239 Fiat Ritmo 8 years, 6 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
certainly one of the nicer designs of the Eighties

Re: Majorette #239 Fiat Ritmo 8 years, 6 months ago #3

Expert Boarder
Yeah, the car had some real different details, outside and inside: the air scoop, the original rims, the buttons for locking doors, the rear lights, the steering wheel. My 1984 Ritmo was a S85 (so a second series): it had the second series interiors and fittings on a first series body (don't know why): it even had a check panel, a novelty in Europe in those days.
Somewhere I think I have an original catalogue for the Ritmo. Should I find it do you think someone will find the scans interesting?

Re: Majorette #239 Fiat Ritmo 8 years, 6 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Yes, I agree that the Ritmo (or Strada) was quite an interesting car with an unusual design. Despite all this personality diecast versions have not been plentiful, although there was one early 1/43 version as part of the Solido/Cougar/Dinky-adventure (their version was called Fiat Strada)

In recent years, things have become much better with several good versions made: the Altaya/Atlas-series "great cars of the 70s" exist in both italian and spanish versions and the Ritmo is in both, but as Seat Ritmo in the spanish version. The Ritmo is also in Ixo's police car series and a 125 TC Abarth can be found in Norev/Hachette's "Fiat Story" - all of the versions mentioned above are relatively easy to find and affordable too.

Finally it's also worth mentioning a very nice version (60 L, 1978) from EG/Grani & Partners, ref#803521.

Re: Majorette #239 Fiat Ritmo 8 years, 6 months ago #5

Expert Boarder
Thanks teebodk for your list.
Ever heard of an Italian brand called Progetto K?
While I was reading the last post I remembered I got a Ritmo by that maker at a flea market... for 1€ roughly... it's a 125 TC Abarth. Will post the photo in a while...
By the way: Carlo Abarth was born in my town and we barely know it! There's just an Abarth street in Bolzano, the main town...

Re: Majorette #239 Fiat Ritmo 8 years, 6 months ago #6

The Fiat Ritmo is indeed considered an ugly car, but not in my opinion. I am not so much into street cars, but the Ritmo was always just around the corner when I was young. A neighbour of me had one and I was always intrigued by the front of the car, the design of the headlights always striked me as being awkward, but I liked it.

I read you now have the Fiat Multipla, it is in the same league as far as I am concerned. Awkward, but I like it.

Not many Multiplas and Ritmo models around in the Netherlands

Theo

Re: Majorette #239 Fiat Ritmo 8 years, 6 months ago #7

Expert Boarder
RoutemasterNL wrote:
I read you now have the Fiat Multipla, it is in the same league as far as I am concerned. Awkward, but I like it.
Not many Multiplas and Ritmo models around in the Netherlands

Theo

Exactly, awkward... in some ways both, for me, have some strikes of pure genius! And the Multipla (I have the second version, more... "normal", it lost its duck beak) is so clever, so spacious, has 6 places with 3 detachable seats (so if you don't need them you just leave 'em home and don't carry weight around), is shorter than a Golf, runs on CNG (methane) and... Fiat stopped producing it!!!!

I'll post some Routemaster photos soon, be patient.
Last Edit: 8 years, 6 months ago by FiatRitmo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Majorette #239 Fiat Ritmo 8 years, 6 months ago #8

I totally forgot I have a Fiat Ritmo available in my shop:

Hotwheels Fiat Ritmo 65 1/43

I shall have a look in my spare parts box to see if I have the stake truck stakes

Let me know or PM me if you are interested

Re: Majorette #239 Fiat Ritmo 8 years, 6 months ago #9

Expert Boarder
That's exactly the color of my good old Ritmo!
The stickers look a bit terrible... I'd wash'em away

Re: Majorette #239 Fiat Ritmo 8 years, 6 months ago #10

Ok Mirko, I shall keep the Ritmo for you in a safe place. I have not found the stake truck in myspare parts box, sorry

I shall answer your PM soon

thanks
  • Page: