Majorette Peugeot 404 Police with Biggest Antenna Ever!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
This forum is specifically for diecast made in France - Solido, Majorette, Norev, CIJ, FJ, Quiralu and all the others.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Majorette Peugeot 404 Police with Biggest Antenna Ever!

Majorette Peugeot 404 Police with Biggest Antenna Ever! 13 years, 1 month ago #1

Administrator
I just got this early Majorette Peugeot 404 wagon Police. It's a bit chipped but complete - including the original antenna, which is HUGE!

Re: Majorette Peugeot 404 Police with Biggest Antenna Ever! 13 years, 1 month ago #2

Platinum Boarder
I remember when C.B. radios were introduced you almost had to have a telegraph pole for an antenna.

Re: Majorette Peugeot 404 Police with Biggest Antenna Ever! 13 years, 1 month ago #3

Platinum Boarder
OMG what an antenna! I've never seen anything like this, maybe it should be sold as "Majorette Antenna with Peugeot 404"

Oh, and nice early find, by the way - does it have the typical Majorette rectangular hole in the baseplate?

Re: Majorette Peugeot 404 Police with Biggest Antenna Ever! 13 years, 1 month ago #4

Administrator
OMG what an antenna! I've never seen anything like this, maybe it should be sold as "Majorette Antenna with Peugeot 404"

Hehehehehe, too true!

And no, it doesn't have the rectagular hole - this model predates when they started doing that.

Re: Majorette Peugeot 404 Police with Biggest Antenna Ever! 13 years, 1 month ago #5

Platinum Boarder
I had a Citizens Band Radio when I was in my early 20's, 1970 thru 1975 I think. My Envoy Epic had a CB radio and I had a 9 foot whip antenna on the rear bumper. There was a hook at the front of the drivers window so you could tie it down for parkades and garges

Re: Majorette Peugeot 404 Police with Biggest Antenna Ever! 13 years, 1 month ago #6

Administrator
What year was your Epic? My mum had a 1969 or 70 Vauxhall Viva HB (same as the second-generation Epic) and was not impressed with it. The gearstick once came out in her hand!

Re: Majorette Peugeot 404 Police with Biggest Antenna Ever! 13 years, 1 month ago #7

Platinum Boarder
LOL that happened to me a few times as well. Mine was a '69 and I did work on it and upgraded the carbs from a GT so it went pretty good after the Datsun 510's of the time. I finally blew a piston up and put the connecting rod thru the block and oil pan. LOL Was a fun road rally car even if it was a 3 dressed up as a 9.
Last Edit: 13 years, 1 month ago by Nobleco.

Re: Majorette Peugeot 404 Police with Biggest Antenna Ever! 13 years, 1 month ago #8

Those were called redneck whips here. The antenna one the Majorette looks more like a short wave antenna and not one for a CB. Ham operators here use a 2 or 3 inch post mounted to their bumpers and then run the mast up from there. My uncle was a ham operator for many years, can't really remember what band wave he was on, 2 or 6 meter or something like that. Every vehicle he owned had a mast on it. When I first moved here, we had talked about setting a repeater on the mountain range between me and town so I could talk to him in San Diego County. Turns out the phone calls were cheaper.

Re: Majorette Peugeot 404 Police with Biggest Antenna Ever! 13 years, 1 month ago #9

Platinum Boarder
reality bites...

Last Edit: 13 years, 1 month ago by RVREVO.
  • Page: