This forum is specifically for diecast made in France - Solido, Majorette, Norev, CIJ, FJ, Quiralu and all the others.

TOPIC: QUIRALU

QUIRALU 9 years, 6 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Quiralu has produced aluminium figures but did many cars. Such as Mercedes 300SL or Rolls-Royce Silver-Cloud.

Let's see a french Simca Vedette an an italian Vespa 400.

Not as dinky cars, dozen of colors can be found for almost each car.

Re-issues were made in the mid 90's and still we can find light trucks in production today.

The original ones (as the two models shown here) were made in the late 50's.

I will show you several Rolls-Royce.
Last Edit: 9 years, 6 months ago by Corky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joschik

Re: QUIRALU 9 years, 6 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Nice and interesting models, I particularly like the XK120 but boy they're pricey aren't they.

Re: QUIRALU 9 years, 6 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Yes they are...

Even a 1994 issue Rolls-Royce is hard to find for less than $75.

A 1957-58 one costs a lot of money.

Here is a 1994 issue I sold.

Compared to the famous DT #150 it seems to be about the same scale as the DT is a larger Silver Wraith.

And here are the last four I keep in my collection. Two are 1957-58 issues and only of these have an original box.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RVREVO

Re: QUIRALU 9 years, 6 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Nice models and nice details too. They all look great on the Car Transporter. That is one Transporter I do not have and they are pricey just as the cars on it are.

Re: QUIRALU 9 years, 6 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
I'd never heard of this brand before so, of course, seeing this post last night, made me curious and I had to do an eBay search. They sure are expensive! And not very many of them around. The level of detail looks very good and there's an overall sense of quality.

Re: QUIRALU 9 years, 6 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Yes quality ! Often tyres are very good, cast is rarely damaged, but....

Lines are not very accurate. The Simca is somewhat wrong.

A what about scale ? It's like GB Dinky. The Vespa looks to be 1/35, but Rolls seems to be 1/48 or 1/50...

But what a good idea to have produced the only Empress Hooper Silver Cloud instead the standard steel saloon as shown on its box.

Re: QUIRALU 9 years, 6 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Yes, the good thing about the smaller brands is, that they often 'dared' to make other models than the big names, like this Rolls and the Vespa too, of course.

Speaking of the Vespa and scale... I think very small cars are often made 'a litlle' bigger to make them more attractive to buy, compared to the bigger cars... of course, form a collector's point of view, this doesn't count, but I guess to a kid in a toystore it does: if two models sell for the same price and one is twice as big as the other, which one would that kid choose?

Re: QUIRALU 9 years, 6 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
You're right. But I think the Dinky Vespa is much smaller than the Quiralu one.

Re: QUIRALU 9 years, 6 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Got a few of the reissues in the 1990s for a prettyy good price.  Very bright and shiny!  No Quiralu on the baseplate - jusdt made in France.  This baseplate is shiny galvenized? metal - my Citroen ID19 break is black plastic!  Are the originals like that?

Re: QUIRALU 9 years, 6 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
I guess no one has the originals...  so here are 2 more re-issues - from 1994 by Louis Surber SA.

[Click for larger.]

Re: QUIRALU 9 years, 6 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Got a few of the reissues in the 1990s for a prettyy good price.  Very bright and shiny!  No Quiralu on the baseplate - jusdt made in France.  This baseplate is shiny galvenized? metal - my Citroen ID19 break is black plastic!  Are the originals like that?

Original ones have black painted metal baseplate.

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: QUIRALU 9 years, 3 months ago #12

Senior Boarder
My father had one. It is an original from the 60's and I keep it on my shelves.

Re: QUIRALU 9 years, 3 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
This Quiralu is my next restoring project. Was very bad overpainted.

And very nice also the Jaguar XK140 by Quiralu. (original issue)

I will look also for the Porsche by Quiralu.
Last Edit: 9 years, 3 months ago by pixmax.

Re: QUIRALU 9 years, 3 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
The Jag' is so pretty. I had a re-issue one. Just a few days. But I found it very lovely. Its blue livery is great.

Sorry for those who don't speak french : you can read here http://www.corky.fr/?page_id=628 how to know if a Quiralu is a original or re-issue one.

But let's see a international language explanation : a picture.

Re: QUIRALU 9 years, 3 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
When I click on the picture it does not give me a larger view so I can read the base, it takes me to some web site. What is that all about. I have to sign up or join to view the larger pic?