This forum is specifically for diecast made in France - Solido, Majorette, Norev, CIJ, FJ, Quiralu and all the others.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Majorette car suspension and other makes.

Majorette car suspension and other makes. 10 years, 6 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
Hello everyone

This is the first time posting on any forum for me so i hope it works.

I was browsing this site recently and came upon the blog titled \"The little cars we love to test drive\" and it took me back to when i was a boy. I also used to test the cars suspension and analyse the way they performed rather than how freely they rolled etc like most other kids. No surprise then that my favourite was Majorette!

I have recently bought some older majorette cars from ebay that i used to own to \"well test drive i suppose - and its quite fun\" - I\'m 40 years old by the way!

My reason for posting here is --

1)Does anyone know which 1/64 majorette models old and new have decent suspension? - i remember not all models did! - i have Renault 5, BMW 733, Saab Turbo at the moment.

2)Does anyone know of any other makes or particualr models of 1/64 cars that have decent suspension?

3)Does anyone else have an interest in this area?

Best Regards
Wayne

Re:Majorette car suspension and other makes. 10 years, 6 months ago #2

Hello and welcome! The Hot Wheels redline cars had working suspension, it was one of their selling points. On the earliest ones, (the sweet 16) each wheel acted as independent suspension. As the collection expanded and costs rose, the cars were given straight axles in a plastic retainer that still allowed for the suspension to work, with less independent movement (at least I thought so). I think this change was about 1970 or 1971. I\'m sure there are others out the

Re:Majorette car suspension and other makes. 10 years, 6 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
most of the older Majorette models had the nice wire wrap around in the chassis that made for a nice bouncy car.

Matchbox 75-series of the eighties used a tin-metal spring in the chassis. This got to be really good in the nineties when Tyco took over and introduced the \'70s Pontiac \'Judge\' GTO. Comes as all orange, or all yellow.

Re:Majorette car suspension and other makes. 10 years, 6 months ago #4

If you want semi trucks in 64th scale, DCP has a spring suspension for the rear axles. Winross has a spring for each axle.

Re:Majorette car suspension and other makes. 10 years, 6 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
speaking of trucks... all my 1/43 Kamaz trucks have unique independent suspension.

Re:Majorette car suspension and other makes. 10 years, 5 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
1/43 TEKNO (Denmark, then Holland) had very well-engineered suspensions in the 1960-70s!

Re:Majorette car suspension and other makes. 10 years, 5 months ago #7

Administrator
Welcome! Vintage Tomicas also have great suspension. Very springy.

It\'s sad that modern 1/64 toy cars don\'t have it anymore, but it adds to the cost of making them as a leaf spring is another component to add to the manufacture.

Re:Majorette car suspension and other makes. 7 years, 6 months ago #8

Senior Boarder
RVREVO wrote:
most of the older Majorette models had the nice wire wrap around in the chassis that made for a nice bouncy car.

Matchbox 75-series of the eighties used a tin-metal spring in the chassis. This got to be really good in the nineties when Tyco took over and introduced the \'70s Pontiac \'Judge\' GTO. Comes as all orange, or all yellow.

Here, a pic with the suspension wire you said. It works nice!!

Last Edit: 7 years, 6 months ago by Majorettelover.
  • Page: