This forum is specifically for diecast made in France - Solido, Majorette, Norev, CIJ, FJ, Quiralu and all the others.
  • Page:

TOPIC: can you help me identify this model?

Re:can you help me identify this model? 7 years, 5 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Ironically I still have my Plymouth Fury

Re:can you help me identify this model? 7 years, 5 months ago #17

Junior Boarder
wow man i actually got an update! cant believe it's been three years since i started my collection. i was only 14! and my english sucked . sadly i have not done anything with the fury since than, but i kept visiting local vintage sales searching for models and oddly this week has been a good one since i have bought about 30 models of majorette and matchbox (of which some are from 1970's superfast series) at a pretty good price. (approximately a buck and a half per model) and I now have more than 200 models in my collection!
i really hope to get some time to deal with these beauties and to restore the plymouth fury police car, but since i'm in the 11th grade now and i study arts, my time is very limited (i should have been doing homework instead of writing these lines...)
best regards mates, i look forward for being active again in the forum, and to show my collection to you guys! i have probably asked it when i was 14 but is there any simple way to upload an album of the diecasts i have?

Re:can you help me identify this model? 7 years, 5 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Just post lots of pictures we wont mind, the more the better.

Re: can you help me identify this model? 7 years, 5 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Thunderbird, if you look in the Reply Topic button you will see an Upload Image button. With that you can upload pictures straight from your computer, one at a time. Just follow the prompts. No special characters and try to keep them about 1000 x 600 or so if you can. Larger pictures will come in but they are slow and slow to load for some members.
If you have problems, just ask.

Wonder why the text turns blue when I use Heading 3 for the text above?
The following user(s) said Thank You: thunderbird

Re: can you help me identify this model? 7 years, 5 months ago #20

Hello lior, 

a warm welcome from the netherlands.

just post a few photos at a time, we don't mind looking at photos instead of albums.

you do know that gamda koor is a welknown brand from israel?

Regards RoutemasterNL
Last Edit: 7 years, 5 months ago by RoutemasterNL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thunderbird

Re: can you help me identify this model? 7 years, 5 months ago #21

Junior Boarder
i knew that brand but i never knew it was appreciated outside of the israeli collectors market. Gamda models are considered very rare and very expensive since gamda koor was the only factory in israel for diecast cars. besides it brings pride to many israeli collectors to own this models and the demend seems to get bigger and bigger, thus the prices only rise. though at a vintage store (mainly for furniture ) near my house i found a gamda cheverollet with israeli postal service label on it and i knew that i cant let that go. the owner was a though guy and his price was way over the sky... and he didn't like the fact that a kid knows the value better than him and lowering the price for me collided with his ego it was also not very beneficiall for him to sell it to me at the price i offered, since it was pawned for half of what i was willing to pay (not much room for profit there...) but i didn't give up, since i wanted that gamda like hell, and it was two meters from my house. so i went home that day, frustrated but i had a plan. i seeked ebay for another model similar to the one i saw and i found one auction that ended with a lower bid than my offer was, and the model was in a better shape then the gamda i saw. i printed the auction result and i went the next day with a smile and a good feeling. Luckily for me, i also knew that the store was about to move to a different asset in the next day and that they were allready starting to pack. and even more luckily for me, mr tough guy in the store had his friends come over to help him pack, and they were nice... so i went near the store and said: "i know you said no, but i was just passing by and i saw that you guys were packing,just know that my offer is still relevant " (when my purpose was to get that chevy from the first place) BUT HE DID NOT FOLD!
his friends on the other hand were thrilled to see a kid bargaining with their though friend, and they wanted me to continue, so they started to ask questions to find out what's the deal.. then i pulled my printed page, gave it to the owner and started the "look this is a better condition model and it was sold for less" monologue. still he used ecxuses like the mail label to say that his model is worth more, and i must admit he had something in his words, but the price was still incredibly high. while we were arguing his friends began to like my style and determination, and i pulled out of my wallet two twenty shekel bills (12 bucks) and said as clearly as possible: "look man, that is all i got, that is my final offer. you are about to move your store, and you need to get rid of as many stuff as you can. i cant believe you'l find another opportunity for that car, especially not in that condition and in that price. i am not a gamda collector and this is not the missing piece in my collection, so i will rather leave than pay what you want for it. the call is yours to make. and that's when the magic happened, his friends were pretty enthusiastic about the show i put on and they were surprisingly totally on my side. then mister though guy had to deal with a peer presure caused by 5 of his friends who were all like : "c'mon sell it to him he earned it!" and "he knows what he is doing, just sell it already!" and he gave up. so that gamda sits in my collection nice and tight and i got it at a fair- perhaps a bit high price but it really is a hard to find model these days. WOW I THINK THAT TEXT IS LONGER THAN EVERY ESSAY I HAD WRITTEN TO SCHOOL TOGETHER... ill try to upload the gamda pic tomorrow if i wont fall asleep as soon as i get home...

Re: can you help me identify this model? 7 years, 5 months ago #22

Junior Boarder
guys is it ok that i will post my pics in this thread despite their irrelevance to the french models forum? or should i open a new thread in a general forum?

Re: can you help me identify this model? 7 years, 5 months ago #23

Junior Boarder
http://www.haaretz.com/a-bid-for-gamda-and-sabra-1.162682 this is a good article explaining about gamda and how nuts the price can go (my twelve bucks back than seem nothing now but it was a model of the later mass produced series and that is why it is worth less.)

Re: can you help me identify this model? 7 years, 5 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
Thunderbird. as we do not have a place for Gamda models I think that in General Chat would work for you.
  • Page: