Majorette #209A Pickup truck - unknown manufacturer
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
This forum is specifically for diecast made in France - Solido, Majorette, Norev, CIJ, FJ, Quiralu and all the others.

TOPIC: Majorette #209A Pickup truck - unknown manufacturer

Re:Majorette #209A Pickup truck - unknown manufacturer 10 years ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Then again this unknown could be either a Toyota or Datsun from the late 1960\'s early 1970\'s going by the grill and double head lights, although it could be a Fiat 125 pick-up as the front fender line slops downward towards the wheel.

Anyway I have this one to add to the collection.

Re:Majorette #209A Pickup truck - unknown manufacturer 10 years ago #17

Platinum Boarder
I would have to see better pictures.

Re:Majorette #209A Pickup truck - unknown manufacturer 10 years ago #18

Platinum Boarder
scale is 1/80.

closer to the Dodge truck and Japanese utes and European cars are way too small in comparison.

Re:Majorette #209A Pickup truck - unknown manufacturer 10 years ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Only the designer and modeller imagination would really know, although the Majorette blog site does say this weird looking utility is a Dodge.

Re: Majorette #209A Pickup truck - unknown manufacturer 8 years, 10 months ago #20

Fresh Boarder
This is quite strange... I too have been wondering since a lad what this model was based on. Im now a thirty something adult and two days ago found two fire engines based on this design up in the loft I had them since i was a small kid. I decided to jump on the internet to find out what manufacture they were (in other words what real life manufacturer they were. And here I am I found your post!.

I love these particular models. I think they are probably are based on American or Japanese small trucks (which themselves were based on American designs in the early days). Failing that as someone has already mentioned they could be based on models from the eastern block (ex soviet) states like Poland of Czechkolsavakia (or however you spell it)

When I look at them I cant help think they are either Mazdas or Isuzus. Not sure why - just a hunch I have. I have the later models (the ones with twin headlights) I repainted my fire engines. They were both in army green, Ive sprayed them red. They look great. Intresting model.

My models dont have the majorette series number on them, thanks to your posting however I now know which number they are and will be looking to buy more of these little pick up / fire engines. For some reason I just love 'em!

Re: Majorette #209A Pickup truck - unknown manufacturer 8 years, 10 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
As do I.

I wanted more complete models of the Safari variants.

And a complete wrecker with hook.

I went the other way with the fire engines, painting one of them in army drab.

I'm especially pleased having found the two campers. Had one camper as a kid.

Notice that the primary colour on the Safari's differ.

Re: Majorette #209A Pickup truck - unknown manufacturer 8 years, 10 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Here are some close ups Jim that you requested so long ago.

Your wish has been granted Jim although Richard had posted plenty. 

Marvelous what a more improve digital camra can do.

Last Edit: 8 years, 10 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Majorette #209A Pickup truck - unknown manufacturer 8 years, 10 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
Toyota and Datsun were not that much different but if I remember right, the Datsun had a longer hood, front end. I think this is a Datsun myself.

Re: Majorette #209A Pickup truck - unknown manufacturer 8 years, 10 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
I'll go for Tojo

Re: Majorette #209A Pickup truck - unknown manufacturer 6 years, 8 months ago #25

Senior Boarder
Hello,

IMO looks like the Dodge Majorette. from 1977.

Look the link for more info:

www.diecastlovers.com/collectable/majorette-dodge-safari-58266/

Kind regards!

Re: Majorette #209A Pickup truck - unknown manufacturer 6 years, 8 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
I have this model in a few different types , a fire truck , camper etc.

Re: Majorette #209A Pickup truck - unknown manufacturer 6 years, 8 months ago #27

Platinum Boarder
Dodge D series from 1961 has some similarities but is not a direct match for the Majorettes rendition.

Chrysler-Daimler

Re: Majorette #209A Pickup truck - unknown manufacturer 6 years, 8 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
Being a boy, I had at least 4 versions with melted colors.
What a nostalgia to me !

Re: Majorette #209A Pickup truck - unknown manufacturer 6 years, 8 months ago #29

Yes I remember these multicolored ones too.
They pop up ever so often here at carbootsales.
They are all different, never seen two the same

Re: Majorette #209A Pickup truck - unknown manufacturer 6 years, 8 months ago #30

Senior Boarder
I'll help you with that nostalgia.. haha