This forum is specifically for diecast made in France - Solido, Majorette, Norev, CIJ, FJ, Quiralu and all the others.
  • Page:

TOPIC: White product Majorette

White product Majorette 11 years, 3 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Some years ago, in Belgium, Supermarket GB (now Carrefour) sold some Majorettes under the \"White Product\" name, much cheaper than the ordinary asked price.
I bought some of them. A surprise, even for many French collectors.
toy_1.jpg

Re:White product Majorette 11 years, 3 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
That\'s interesting that different card colour used by a supermarket.

Re:White product Majorette 11 years, 3 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I am reading Dutch on the card... now that is really cool.

Do you know if these models are softer than their diecast counterparts?

Re:White product Majorette 11 years, 3 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
I don\'t understand what you mean by \"softer\".
On the card you read French and Dutch because Belgium is a 2 (even 3)languages country.

Re:White product Majorette 11 years, 3 months ago #5

Some diecast is of a softer composite than others, easier to cut, sand or bend, depending on how much of an alloy blend that is mixed together. I\'ve cut some that were very soft, easy to cut, and others that are almost hard as rock to cut through. Think of soft as a mostly lead casting compared to a very hard zinc aluminum metal alloy casting.

Re:White product Majorette 11 years, 3 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Ok I understand what you mean now. I didn\'t try to cut or work on the model. \"White Product\" only means they have no trademark on the card but the model itself is a \"normal\" Majorette (as seen on the wheelbase).

I remember one of my friends cuting the roof of the TR7 Majorette; so the metal had be soft enough to transform the model.

Last Edit: 11 years, 3 months ago by Greendolly.

Re:White product Majorette 11 years, 3 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
I knew what you meant Greendolly, when I referred to supermarket brands.  By that I mean no-brand-names, which is when a conglomerate supermarket chain purchase from different companies to supply them with their own brand in this case it is the white card brand. Here in Australia Coles Supermarkets have put out a cheap brand by the name of KoolKids marketing promotions company Grocery Holdings Pty Ltd containing Maisto 1/64th cars and trucks. One of the worlds largest of these Marketing magnets is the The marketing Store UK (TMS) who organise for McDonald\'s Happy Meals, Shell, Nestle cereal partners and the likes. Like they supplied around the world something like 1.5 billion toys and novelties in one year.
Last Edit: 11 years, 3 months ago by GunnerJim. Reason: Typo

Re:White product Majorette 11 years, 3 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
And don\'t misunderstand me or fly off the handle Greendolly. I was born Dutch and have been bi-lingual all my life. I\'m very aware of the Belgians Flemish side.

The no-brand label appears to be fairly common occurence throughout the world where products sell the same wares without the usual advertising.

Its nice to see a real Majorette in there. Probably a last ditch effort to keep the company from going bankrupt.

Re:White product Majorette 11 years, 3 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
I have a nice collection of Military Special Forces 1/76 scale or whatever.
  • Page: