This forum is specifically for diecast made in France - Solido, Majorette, Norev, CIJ, FJ, Quiralu and all the others.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Majorette - Return to the old days......

Majorette - Return to the old days...... 11 years, 3 months ago #1

Expert Boarder
When I was younger I would always buy a few Majorette models whilst on the annual holiday to france, simply because they were always different to the matchbox and hot wheels variants of their day and offered nice little features to enhance the model, such as opening sunroof, opening doors, bonnet, removable hoods / roofs etc...

Sadly as with all main stream, low price / high volume manufactuers, models seem to have been dumbed down over the years and whilst the overall tooling detail in the casting is still as good now, as it was then, maybe better?/ the posable features have nearly all but gone and allot of plastic features in today\'s models

Restoring my faith in the models of the old days, I was lucky enough to pick up the following variants whilst in France recently. These models are part of the new ranges, were on display with the more basic variants and offered at the same price and are mainly all METAL....HOORAY!!!!!! 

So the question.....why don\'t they put more into all of the models???        
S5021774.JPG

Re:Majorette - Return to the old days...... 11 years, 3 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
what I liked most about Majorette cars was their super suspension

Re:Majorette - Return to the old days...... 11 years, 3 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Yes. Majorette had a simple method by using a small spring steel wire bent into shape and fit over the axles and then crimped into place on the inside of the chassis. Some of their Super Movers are so well made that they are up with the rest of them and leave Matchbox and Dinky for dead.

Re:Majorette - Return to the old days...... 11 years, 3 months ago #4

Administrator
Great to see those old-school Majos are still in the range. I think the VW Beetle is still made too, and that goes right back to the beginning of Majorette!

What I always remember about them was the trademark \"rectangular hole\" in the centre of all the baseplates where you could see the underside of the interior moulding and suspension spring!
  • Page: