Solido & Majorette Bought by Schuco / Dickie
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
This forum is specifically for diecast made in France - Solido, Majorette, Norev, CIJ, FJ, Quiralu and all the others.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Solido & Majorette Bought by Schuco / Dickie

Solido & Majorette Bought by Schuco / Dickie 11 years, 4 months ago #1

Administrator
This new forum has begun just in time for the announcement that Solido & Majorette have been bought by Dickie, parent company of numerous toy and collector-model brands, including Schuco. You can read my brief announcement here and there\'ll be more on the Nuremberg blog shortly, including some pics of upcoming Solidos!

Re:Solido & Majorette Bought by Schuco / Dickie 11 years, 4 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
aha, was wondering about that the other day. Wouldn\'t be too much of an impact unless they want to export further afield

Re:Solido & Majorette Bought by Schuco / Dickie 11 years, 4 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for that. I wonder how many more will be amalgamated into one parent company during the world downturn with the economy. Especially Europe.

Re:Solido & Majorette Bought by Schuco / Dickie 10 years, 10 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Thanks to this deal we see a new packaging (new logo) and some new cars. Many of these are still to appear on a larger scale, even in France.

For example, the Renault F1-car is supposedly made and sold, but so far very few have been sighted. The Toyota FJ I saw this weekend, but I think a new Majorette should not be sold for 6 euro for an example without packaging.

As you can see, there is some issue with the print, but further then that, a nice decent cast. Maybe the wheels are a bit big.

Re:Solido & Majorette Bought by Schuco / Dickie 10 years, 10 months ago #5

Administrator
Looks good to me. I think the wheels are acutally about the right size, aren\'t they, as the C-Crosser is a crossover/SUV thing, isn\'t it?

Re:Solido & Majorette Bought by Schuco / Dickie 10 years, 10 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Sure, but the tyres are bit wide...

Compare the car it is based on, the Mitsubishi Outlander:

Which is a small picture, my apologies for that.

Re:Solido & Majorette Bought by Schuco / Dickie 10 years, 10 months ago #7

Administrator
Ah yes - now I see exactly what you mean!

Re:Solido & Majorette Bought by Schuco / Dickie 10 years, 10 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
jclevering wrote:

Sure, but the tyres are bit wide...

Compare the car it is based on, the Mitsubishi Outlander:

Which is a small picture, my apologies for that.
That\'s funny, my post was supposed to show the original size Mitsubishi and a Norev Citroen. Strange

Re:Solido & Majorette Bought by Schuco / Dickie 10 years, 10 months ago #9

They could be following with the large tire rim combination fad here in the U.S. When I bought our Chevy Avalanche, it came with 20 inch tires and rims, which appear and are very large, on an already big S.U.T.

Re:Solido & Majorette Bought by Schuco / Dickie 10 years, 10 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
It is quite big on this side of the water too...
  • Page: