This forum is specifically for diecast made in France - Solido, Majorette, Norev, CIJ, FJ, Quiralu and all the others.

TOPIC: 50 French diecast manufacturers

Re:50 French diecast manufacturers 11 years, 4 months ago #31

Platinum Boarder
How about Verem counts half?  Then we could have Spot-on count as another half... I am still convinced that I win and will now have to ask Dana to get involved!

Re:50 French diecast manufacturers 11 years, 4 months ago #32

Platinum Boarder
I have to agree with Baskingshark about most of the \'makes\' listed! I am sure that Baskingshark wanted a list of manufacturers of model/toy cars with a body made from zinc alloy that have been made in France. The new \'Spot-On\'s cannot be included as they are made in China! One model from Rextoys was made in France the Rolls-Royce Phantom. Rextoys was Swiss owned and most of their production was made by Vitesse in Portugal!

BTW Hot Wheels cars were never made in Britain but they were made in France for a brief period
Chris
Last Edit: 11 years, 4 months ago by Chris Sweetman.

Re:50 French diecast manufacturers 11 years, 4 months ago #33

Platinum Boarder
...and will now have to ask Dana to get involved!

Dana Johnson???
Last Edit: 11 years, 4 months ago by RVREVO.

Re:50 French diecast manufacturers 11 years, 4 months ago #34

Platinum Boarder
Yes, who else???

Re:50 French diecast manufacturers 11 years, 4 months ago #35

Platinum Boarder
Majorettes are made in Portugal for the French registered firm Majorettes. Added information Thailand as well these days.
Last Edit: 11 years, 4 months ago by GunnerJim. Reason: More information

Re:50 French diecast manufacturers 11 years, 4 months ago #36

Platinum Boarder
Of course Dana Johnson!  Thanks, Jim for contacting him, victory is almost assured.

batsignal.jpg

I propose that production is not relevant (I think nobody produces in Europe anymore).

Christian

Last Edit: 11 years, 4 months ago by Joschik.

Re:50 French diecast manufacturers 11 years, 4 months ago #37

Fresh Boarder
Do you remember Max Models? They were predecessors of the Minichamps range, and the first models of Sauber C9 racing cars were made in France by LBS from 1989 to 1991 before production moved to China.
See modelcars.mbeck.ch/model.php?lang=e&...odels&info=herst for more information about the manufacturer.
These are diecast metal models made in France!

233.jpg

Re:50 French diecast manufacturers 11 years, 4 months ago #38

Platinum Boarder
LBS were the firm Eligor used to make their models.

The plot thickens!

Cheers Chris

Re:50 French diecast manufacturers 11 years, 4 months ago #39

Platinum Boarder
Joschik wrote:
Of course Dana Johnson!  Thanks, Jim for contacting him, victory is almost assured.

I propose that production is not relevant (I think nobody produces in Europe anymore).

Christian

Hi Christian

Take a look at this site:

http://www.grandprixmodels.co.uk/index.php

Here you will see loads of firms still making stuff in Europe! And it does not include Brooklin Models that have their production facilities in Bath England!

Cheers Chris

Re:50 French diecast manufacturers 11 years, 4 months ago #40

Platinum Boarder
Chris, great link (had not seen the site before).  RE producing in Europe (and North America) I have created a new discussion for that here.

Re:50 French diecast manufacturers 11 years, 4 months ago #41

Platinum Boarder
Of course Dana Johnson!

He made me aware of Code-3 models after I couldn\'t find a Model A Commercial van in his book. He told me that Matchbox farmed out approx 300 blanks for various companies to make their own logos for a limited run. Just happen to have bought such a model from the \'New Zealand Diecast Collector\'s Club\' - Dana Johnson doesn\'t collect these... not factory produced.

Can ask him... he might remember.

Re:50 French diecast manufacturers 11 years, 4 months ago #42

Platinum Boarder
Here is the answer to the question from Dana Johnson. I think this may settle if for you guys. Give me a couple to 5 years, Joschick and I will be there to pick up that pint with you.
Jim

My list has 59 brands of French diecast manufacturers, past and present:

ACB
Andre-Marie Ruf (AMR)
Aquavit
A.R.
Art Collection Auto
Bizarre
Bonux
Bourbon
B.S.
C.D.
C.I.J.
Cle
D.E.L.
Desormeaux
Dinky
Eligor
Eria
Evrat87
Faracars
Feeling 43
France Jouets
Gaffe
Gege
Gitanes
GTS
Gulliver
Heco
Ilario
Integral
Jadali
J.E.P.
Jouef
Joustra
JPS
J.R.D.
Le Jouet Mecanique
Le Mans Miniatures
Le Phoenix
Le Rouliers
Le Routiers
L\'Eau Rouge
LP Creation
Majorette
Midget Toys
Norev
Piranha Models
Plan 43X
Poclain
Profil 24
Provence Moulage
Quiralu
R.A.M.I.
Renaissance
Safir
Salza
Solido
Spark
S.R.
Tenariv

--
Mr. Dana Johnson
Bend, Oregon

Below is what I wrote to Dana.

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: 2/15/2010 9:57:40 PM
Subject: Questions for Dana

Dana, Big debate going on at Toy Collector about the number of Diecast Toy Manufacturers from France. Are there 50 of them? Joschik and baskingshark, 2 of the Admin are having a friendly debate about how many there actually are. Diecast Metal, not plastic, white metal, resin, etc, just Mazak, Zamak, Dinky, Corgi, Matchbox, Solido, Early Spot on, not the newer stuff, mostly plastic. Needs to be a die cast Body/chassis to qualify.
Just giving you a heads up as I have it through the grape vine they will be asking your opinion on the matter and hope you will settle it for them. Good luck.
Jim Noble, Mod in Cars, TC Site and member of TCC as Nobleco.
I know you remember me. Hope you can settle this for them. Here is a link to the thread on TC. You should find it interesting.
[b]Regards, Jim Noble[/b]
This should take you to the start of the thread.
https://www.planetdiecast.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=824&func=view&id=10587&catid=155&limit=6&limitstart=0

Re:50 French diecast manufacturers 11 years, 4 months ago #43

Administrator
I require further proof!

I cannot find a single diecast mazak Joustra model, they are all either tin or plastic. Also, aren\'t Provence Moulage all made of resin? And for the obscure ones we will need pictures for verification. Poclain appears to me to be a maker of (real) mechanical shovels and the like, and all the Poclain models I can find were made by Conrad, who are German. Tenariv produced kits in resin & white metal. Le Jouet Mecanique made tin stuff...

Re:50 French diecast manufacturers 11 years, 4 months ago #44

Platinum Boarder
Looks like Sherlock Noblco has found the answer, 59 by the looks of it dear Watson.

Re:50 French diecast manufacturers 11 years, 4 months ago #45

Poclain is a heavy equipment manufacturer, some of their machines are making it to the US. When a company such as Poclain or Mammoet who manufacture cranes and do heavy hauling and rigging have a replica made, they farm it out. Caterpillar uses Norscot which I believe imports from China. I\'ll have to check the shelf, I have several from Cat. It would be unusual to find a 1:1 builder making their own replicas.
Last Edit: 11 years, 4 months ago by oldtruck56.