Two Tinplate Vehicles arrived today from OZ Thanks DinkyDi
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
From Bing to Bandai to Yonezawa, here's where you can talk about all those colourful tinplate cars, buses, motorbikes, trucks and anything else with wheels!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Two Tinplate Vehicles arrived today from OZ Thanks DinkyDi

Two Tinplate Vehicles arrived today from OZ Thanks DinkyDi 6 years, 11 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
DinkyDi posted these two tinplate cars on Andy66 Highway Patrol cars thread in reply to my posts. DinkyDi and myself did a deal and the two arrived today, posted last Monday in OZ and i got them today amazing 6 days to get here , and stuff i won on ebay on the monday in the Uk iam still waiting for ? Very very pleased with them mate thank you .Right guys here is my dilemma the grey 50s ford i wanted for parts cos in the loft i have a near mint body in black missing all the trim which is what i wanted this one for ok ! but when i saw it i love it just the way it is?It looks just as found in the Australian outback full of patina that just could not be faked in fact i feel a wrecking yard diarama coming on!!!! seriously guys what do i do LEAVE as is or ROB for parts for my black one ? which i have been waiting for the parts to fix up for years now! Can you please help. I want to keep as is , my partner Carol says fix up the black one what do you think?

Re: Two Tinplate Vehicles arrived today from OZ Thanks DinkyDi 6 years, 11 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
The second vehicle is as DinkyDI described it as a tired looking Lincoln,But to me it was a Police Lincoln (and you all know i love a police car) well i have a mint civilian car which i will rob to make the police version up. 

Re: Two Tinplate Vehicles arrived today from OZ Thanks DinkyDi 6 years, 11 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Nice score all round. Nice to see you finally get parts for a swap out on that Lincoln. The first Pictures I would leave the patena on the one and do the scrap yard or wrecking/towing yard diorama. Sitting with afew weeds growing here and there and a couple tires leaning up agains the side with a some boards on the hood. LOL so much you could do with it.

Re: Two Tinplate Vehicles arrived today from OZ Thanks DinkyDi 6 years, 11 months ago #4

I agree with Jim, take the parts you need and make a great diorama from the other
Last Edit: 6 years, 11 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Two Tinplate Vehicles arrived today from OZ Thanks DinkyDi 6 years, 11 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
They look great,  I would restore the Ford if you can the black one will look brilliant.

Re: Two Tinplate Vehicles arrived today from OZ Thanks DinkyDi 6 years, 11 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Yes use the parts you need , and keep the other in "as found "condition , it is so nice !!!!

Re: Two Tinplate Vehicles arrived today from OZ Thanks DinkyDi 6 years, 11 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
The patena on that Ford is really great. Looks like it's just been discovered after sitting years in the bush. Personally I'd leave as is and go for the diorama but it is your choice after all.
  • Page: