From Bing to Bandai to Yonezawa, here's where you can talk about all those colourful tinplate cars, buses, motorbikes, trucks and anything else with wheels!
  • Page:

TOPIC: VW 1600TL

VW 1600TL 8 years, 3 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
This is a restoration I did a few years ago it is a VW 1600TL made by Yanoman Toys. It is battery operated on a mystery action wheel this does not work. It needs a rear bumper & a wing mirror but it displays well.

Re: VW 1600TL 8 years, 3 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Thats a big motor compared to that Matchbox, also very nicely restored. It has lots of great detail to it.

Re: VW 1600TL 8 years, 3 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
It is a lovely toy, if you look carefully in the back window there is a dog on the parcel shelf & it is made of fur.

Re: VW 1600TL 8 years, 3 months ago #4

You have chosen a beautiful color for the resto, cars generally look very nice in darker blue metallic.
Lots of detail to look at. I really like the hubcaps, the look so real

Re: VW 1600TL 8 years, 3 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
many thanks, this is a close match to the original colour, the hub caps are  original & I am glad I have all four as to match these would be difficult.

Re: VW 1600TL 8 years, 3 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
definitely worth looking in to. Got a couple of Bandai Beetles, one with remote control.

you have no idea what I went through to get this

Re: VW 1600TL 8 years, 3 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
I picked this up at an autojumble some years ago in real tatty condition but with just the bits missing as mentioned I knew this was a rare toy.I personally think this is the best shape VW it has a lot of charm & character , I have not seen another like this.

Re: VW 1600TL 8 years, 3 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
true, its rare to see such good quality and the correct shape.
I prefer the realistic lone.

Re: VW 1600TL 8 years, 3 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Some Tinplate cars are very near true to the model this one gets a 10 out of 10
  • Page: