WHY PROJECT......VIEW WITH CAUTION
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For all general discussion to do with kits!

TOPIC: WHY PROJECT......VIEW WITH CAUTION

Re:WHY PROJECT......VIEW WITH CAUTION 10 years, 8 months ago #31

Platinum Boarder
That is an amazing piece of family history .....thank you for sharing that , I sincerly hope that you do not find this offensive , this piece was created for a museum to educate , to many of our generation do not know any of this when asked , it is aparently not taught in schools much anymore and because of that we should also ask the question .....WHY?

Re:WHY PROJECT......VIEW WITH CAUTION 10 years, 8 months ago #32

Platinum Boarder
Did you know that many of the Germans are very ashamed of their past? That is something I was taught in school.

Last Edit: 10 years, 8 months ago by RVREVO.

Re:WHY PROJECT......VIEW WITH CAUTION 10 years, 8 months ago #33

Platinum Boarder
yes i have heard that ....shame can be a double edged sword it can prevent or it can cause hatred ...... hopefully they can learn from the past .

Re:WHY PROJECT......VIEW WITH CAUTION 10 years, 8 months ago #34

Platinum Boarder
Already see a lot of that.

Re:WHY PROJECT......VIEW WITH CAUTION 10 years, 8 months ago #35

Platinum Boarder
Over the years, I have meet and talked with some of the survivors of the Holocaust here in Australia from my involvement with the Returned and Service League Australia.  Some years ago I had the privilege of attending the Jewish Pre-Anzac Day service held in the Old Melbourne Cemetery area, where the Jewish community have their service on a Sunday before Anzac Day.  Almost all in-attendance were from WW2 vintage, although a couple from the Vietnam War were there as well. I took a couple of pictures of the Obelisk 1914 to 1918 and the 1939 to 1945 memorial which has been update to include Vietnam, while they were setting up for the morning service.

In conclusion the dedication and talent by Chris with his donated 3D miniature scale of such a tragic period in this world\'s history by far the wost atrocities ever carried out by human beings for the museum.  I extend my respect and gratitude to him.  One must say all wars are tragic although one must defend our freedom and our children\'s children freedom as our for fathers have done before us. 

Lest We Forget.

Re:WHY PROJECT......VIEW WITH CAUTION 10 years, 8 months ago #36

Platinum Boarder
Thank you my friend .....it was just a simple tribute to a fallen people , this is a way to help educate our childrend children ......once again thank you my friend.

Moderators: scalemodelrestoration