WHY PROJECT......VIEW WITH CAUTION
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For all general discussion to do with kits!

TOPIC: WHY PROJECT......VIEW WITH CAUTION

Re:WHY PROJECT......VIEW WITH CAUTION 10 years, 8 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
seperating the people
Chris_Bryan_high_res05.jpg

Re:WHY PROJECT......VIEW WITH CAUTION 10 years, 8 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
lining up the people
Chris_Bryan_high_res06.jpg

Re:WHY PROJECT......VIEW WITH CAUTION 10 years, 8 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
loading those who are desting for the showeres
Chris_Bryan_high_res08.jpg

Re:WHY PROJECT......VIEW WITH CAUTION 10 years, 8 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
forming lines during the selection process
Chris_Bryan_high_res10.jpg

Re:WHY PROJECT......VIEW WITH CAUTION 10 years, 8 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
no one was safe
Chris_Bryan_high_res13.jpg

Re:WHY PROJECT......VIEW WITH CAUTION 10 years, 8 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
figure close uip
005-0da589474ba493fa8416ea29702c10ba.JPG

Re:WHY PROJECT......VIEW WITH CAUTION 10 years, 8 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
angry woman
006-225eed4602a7923f7175968a31f87481.JPG

Re:WHY PROJECT......VIEW WITH CAUTION 10 years, 8 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
business man
007-de1cade7b075347dae095b7663fb1787.JPG

Re:WHY PROJECT......VIEW WITH CAUTION 10 years, 8 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
woman and child
008-eab985daee9db5594780aa4ab6561deb.JPG

Re:WHY PROJECT......VIEW WITH CAUTION 10 years, 8 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
injured man
010-27c0422f030415b89ac19b60614a6e74.JPG

Re:WHY PROJECT......VIEW WITH CAUTION 10 years, 8 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
Damn fine modelling there.
Frame.

Re:WHY PROJECT......VIEW WITH CAUTION 10 years, 8 months ago #27

Platinum Boarder
Thanks frame .... this was definately a labor of love

Re:WHY PROJECT......VIEW WITH CAUTION 10 years, 8 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
Very nice work and amazing detail. You have captured the essence of the scene, I think. It was a terrible time and we should all remember it so it will never happen again. You say 11 months to complete this work, I can believe that with the detail you have gone into. Kudos on a job well done.
May we never forget that tragedy~!

Re:WHY PROJECT......VIEW WITH CAUTION 10 years, 8 months ago #29

Platinum Boarder
about 5 years ago i met a survivor of the camps ..... the stories he told will chill your very soul also my father in law was a pow again the stories will chill you .....so needless to say i wanted to educate the younger generation on what happened , so i took time to make every figure with a distinct personality so no matter who looks at it they will find someone to identify with .
Perhaps people will continue to ask WHY?
There are other pieces similar to this that I have thought of doing , but maybe a little more time , these take a huge emotional toll on a person to build a piece like this .....

Re:WHY PROJECT......VIEW WITH CAUTION 10 years, 8 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
Most of my Greatuncles and my Grandfather on Mum\'s side were in Labour/work camps near the Polish border. They weren\'t Jewish, but the Nasties thought they were even though they proved to be Presbyterian.
The facts were that my Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandmother due to political stresses in the late 1800s decided to convert from Judism to Presbyterian for the sake and future of her children. Now that was smart thinking, because the family business of Plumbing spanned three generations.
My other Grandfather - on Dad\'s side was in the Dutch resistance - apparently he was the one that hid the gold of the treasury whilst the Nasties were pillaging. Greatuncle Bill (Wim) - Grandad\'s brother-in-law used to tell us stories about those times how he nearly was executed for being dammed cheeky. Because Wim had worked on German farms before the borders came into effect, farmers have a unique slang of their own. He was told by the young Nasti to tell the farmers to dig a ditch, and he took the mickey out of the Nasti... It was a bit of a standoff... pitchforks against machine guns. And the Nasties were outnumbered 4-1. They could\'ve taken them, if Holland hadn\'t surrendered so early in the war and was \'occupied\'. Also, Uncle Wim was the only one who could drive the digger. Even though he had inherited the family farm, he preferred to be a Ditchdigger. He owned a massive Caterpillar converted from tracks to tractor wheels. The wheels would retract up so that he could dig deep.
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration