Site Security Update!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For all general discussion to do with kits!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Site Security Update!

Site Security Update! 2 years, 4 months ago #1

Administrator
<p>Great News!</p>
<p>We are happy to announce we are improving security across our network and adding Secure Sockets Layer or SSL to the site. This means going forward you'll see Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS); the secure version of HTTP, the protocol used to send data between your browser and the website that you are connected to. This means all communications between your browser and the website will have another layer of encryption. We take the security of your data seriously so updates like this do happen from time to time. There is no downtime or major issues anticipated in this change. If you do notice anything about the site operating not as it should please make sure we are the first to know. You can send a PM to this account with details and we can investigate. Thanks, and if you have any questions about this let me know.</p>
<p>-Your Admin Team</p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by vs-Admin.

Re: Site Security Update! 2 years, 4 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Hello !
When trying to connect Rollerman has this message:
'Server Error' message. ''Rollerman'' can now only view postings as a guest!

He can not log-in anymore.

Could you help him to log-in again ?

Re: Site Security Update! 2 years, 4 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Hello !

Thanks for him.

Re: Site Security Update! 2 years, 4 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Hello !

Thanks for him.

Re: Site Security Update! 2 years, 3 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Ooops. It seems my messages are there.
But sending them I had

Error: Server ErrorThe server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.

Re: Site Security Update! 2 years, 3 months ago #6

Administrator
Are you still getting these errors?

Re: Site Security Update! 2 years, 3 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
No.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Site Security Update! 2 years, 3 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
WOW! I have got in using my regular log-in details so not sure why this would not work a day back!

I am hoping things can be fixed because for the last month or so it has been very frustrating trying to use PD with the picture posting faults and trying to assist other forum members get round the fault.

'Postimage' is still the better option but not every member is using it the same way or the way I use it. Somewhere on the forum I posted a walkthrough with screen grabs but to try and post a link here to it probably wont work even if I could find it, so I intend to re-post the walkthrough again, assuming I can enter the forum with no problems next time!

Rollerman.

Re: Site Security Update! 2 years, 3 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
I think it is in one of the testing thread like my walk through on the previous bit with the Thumbnail removal.

Re: Site Security Update! 2 years, 3 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
As to the site upgrade on security that is good news. I will no longer have to put up with Firefox warning me every time a log in that it is not a secure site. Thanks for this update. Now on to the rest of the show.

Re: Site Security Update! 2 years, 3 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
There are failures though. As many uwanted post are created by bots it seems.

Re: Site Security Update! 2 years, 3 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Well didn't they do good, site security ? What site security ?

Re: Site Security Update! 2 years, 3 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
If you use Google Chrome or Fire Fox you will know that when to go to a site that is HTTP you will get dialogue message boxes warning you that the site is not secure and is not encrypted to protect you and your data. It is becoming more and more common now. Good to hear we are now behind an HTTPS wall so to speak. Not if Fire Fox would just take that box away from my browser, that would be great.

Re: Site Security Update! 2 years, 3 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
I spoke too soon, The warning dialogue boxes are now gone.

Re: Site Security Update! 2 years, 3 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
makes no difference to me whatsoever... but then, I am using my work PC at the moment.
just checking to see if I missed anything.
it appears not.
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration