For all general discussion to do with kits!

TOPIC: Mad Max 2 cars

Re: Mad Max 2 Ford Landau 5 years, 3 months ago #91

Wow, you really thought of everything!

The door handle looks like a 2 from this angle. I know it isn't because one of your previous photos shows it is not

Re: Mad Max 2 Ford Landau 5 years, 3 months ago #92

Platinum Boarder
Fine work indeed. Really nice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tomi

Re: Mad Max 2 Ford Landau 5 years, 3 months ago #93

Platinum Boarder
Wow what a job you on this, just superb.

Re: Mad Max 2 Ford Landau 5 years, 3 months ago #94

Gold Boarder
Thanks for support guys Here's final update before weathering, I may add one or two minor details but main construction is finally done.

Re: Mad Max 2 Ford Landau 5 years, 3 months ago #95

Outstanding work!

What I also like on these last 3 photos is the greyish background. Is it a piece of cardboard?

Re: Mad Max 2 Ford Landau 5 years, 3 months ago #96

Gold Boarder
Yes, I used to use black background but I have found grey more pleasing to eye.

Re: Mad Max 2 Ford Landau 5 years, 3 months ago #97

Platinum Boarder
Grey is a Neutral colour and the natural choice for Photographers to use for setting White balance levels in their Cameras.

It always looks good behind toy and model subjects in pictures, it is the most soothing colour for the Human Eye and even the Royal Navy had some thought about this when choosing Grey for their Vessels and equipment.

That is one superb creation and "Tomi" must be thanked for taking us through most of the build and techniques he used and what has really helped, is the excellent photography, something close to my own Heart as a Photography enthusiast for many Years, I do like to see well thought out and technically correct pictures.

The weathering will be interesting to see as it will transform the model again.

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, Tomi

Re: Mad Max 2 Ford Landau 5 years, 3 months ago #98

Gold Boarder
I used grey background also when I photographed my diecast cars

In this case material was grey leather. Most of the time I find light to be most difficult element and while building a model, space is always an issue with my current living arrangement. Obviously when model is close to finishing, photographing with proper background becomes easier as part count on the workbench drops to manageable level.

While building a car after many years was fun I'm starting to look my armor kits again, and actually I have one project that is ready for paint. So, we have to see if next model is tank or if I decide to build Max's Interceptor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Mad Max 2 Ford Landau 5 years, 3 months ago #99

Gold Boarder
First round of weathering done. Dusting with MIG pigment, post apocalypctic earth is the color (well, what else ). Some pin washes with oils also done, mainly carb/turbo set. Car is now set at the turntable as handling is critical as ever... I managed to break one of the velocity stacks off from carburettor when I noticed that there is fingerprint on the hood (pigment acts like fingerprint dust), it fell to floor and I couldn't find it so I had to make new one.

Last Edit: 5 years, 3 months ago by Tomi.

Re: Mad Max 2 Ford Landau 5 years, 3 months ago #100

Platinum Boarder
This is superb. Your weathering is really good. Too bad about the Velocity Stack. I hate it when that happens to me. It is usually lost on the floor, never to be found again. Small parts are a pain to me.

Re: Mad Max 2 Ford Landau 5 years, 3 months ago #101

Gold Boarder
I don't even have a carpet, still those parts are lost somewhere...

Re: Mad Max 2 Ford Landau 5 years, 3 months ago #102

Platinum Boarder
Same here, I have a bare concrete floor in my model and painting rooms. I still can not find the headlight jewels I have dropped and the small rivets that just seem to pop out of my fingers from time to time. I do have a small had vaccum and use that from time to time. Sometimes I find parts in the basket but mostly not. Don't know where the gremlins hide but they are there steeling my parts. LOL

Re: Mad Max 2 Ford Landau 5 years, 3 months ago #103

What a beautiful car you made. Well done Tomi!
Last Edit: 5 years, 3 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Mad Max 2 Ford Landau 5 years, 3 months ago #104

Gold Boarder
Last mini-update, side mirror. As I didn't have suitable part ready, I made from scratch. Scrap plastic x2 for thickness and rim around it from thin plastic sheet, now it needs just paint and maybe bare metal foil as mirror.

Re: Mad Max 2 Ford Landau 5 years, 3 months ago #105

Gold Boarder
And done

Moderators: scalemodelrestoration